PDA

View Full Version : hard to beleive

Granrey
07-07-2015, 05:45 PM
"From what I was told last night after no action and no fish surfacing, is that about two weeks ago, two restaurent owners were caught trolling the lake with nets. Conservation officers said that they had over 400 fish that they could not release back because they were dead. I hope they crushed them with fines."

http://www.ifishalberta.com/lakeFeedback.php?id=604

I can't believe business people would do something like this. It does not make sense.

Thoughts?

wildwoods
07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Forum banter. Too anecdotal for me. Obviously upsetting if true.
To me, it doesn't matter if I guy poached 1 fish or 1000. It's dead wrong and ruins it for everyone else.

Stally77
07-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Gross! Who would serve trout out of a stocked pond in a restaraunt? Muddy tasting warm water fish are terrible.
They should be shut down! And fined for poaching of course! :sign0176:

3blade
07-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Gross! Who would serve trout out of a stocked pond in a restaraunt? Muddy tasting warm water fish are terrible.
They should be shut down! And fined for poaching of course! :sign0176:

Same people who own restaurants that seem to always be in an area completely void of stray cats and pigeons. They also used to have a fire drill of ethnic origin on the banks of wab, every time a fish cop drove by.

wildwoods
07-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Same people who own restaurants that seem to always be in an area completely void of stray cats and pigeons. They also used to have a fire drill of ethnic origin on the banks of wab, every time a fish cop drove by.

While that may be true, I've seen lots of questionable white skinned activity as well....lots

Talking moose
07-08-2015, 05:30 AM
One person said it on ifish Alberta.....no link.....could be true. Could be false. Could be maybe.

EZM
07-08-2015, 08:58 AM
One person said it on ifish Alberta.....no link.....could be true. Could be false. Could be maybe.

I agree and disagree with your assessment. It's at least 50% by my calculations.

Talking moose
07-08-2015, 09:00 AM
50% true or 50% false? You need to address it to be precise.

wildwoods
07-08-2015, 09:17 AM
50% true or 50% false? You need to address it to be precise.

Perhaps he needs to address it perhaps he doesn't ;)

Ok dead horse my bad

chriscosta
07-08-2015, 11:05 AM
I dont doubt it i made the comment the other day to my gf the pond looked empty 9 at night dead calm and not even a single rise seen ...this happened last year but it wasnt nets it was a goy with a bucket full of seventy some odd fosh that were 8 inches at the most ..this makes me sick those fish barely hold enough meat on there bones for a mouthful ...truly sad...

Granrey
07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
I dont doubt it i made the comment the other day to my gf the pond looked empty 9 at night dead calm and not even a single rise seen ...this happened last year but it wasnt nets it was a goy with a bucket full of seventy some odd fosh that were 8 inches at the most ..this makes me sick those fish barely hold enough meat on there bones for a mouthful ...truly sad...

That's sad. I was also planning to go there this week as I had read the city of Edmonton had restock the pond with 1600. But these news are not encouraging to even go there.