PDA

View Full Version : New to Alberta, Wabamun Lake Question.

AFish
07-07-2015, 06:25 PM
New to Alberta, heard Wabamun Lake was a hot spot for Pike.
Interested to know, has anyone been successful in catching large Pike from the shore? Boat is still back home so will need to do without it for now.

If so, any particular spots?

Thanks

RavYak
07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
New to Alberta, heard Wabamun Lake was a hot spot for Pike.
Interested to know, has anyone been successful in catching large Pike from the shore? Boat is still back home so will need to do without it for now.

If so, any particular spots?

Thanks

Not many worthwhile spots to fish from shore. Down by Sundance is about the only places I have seen guys try. That and off the train tracks by the bay but it is illegal to walk along them.

chriscosta
07-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Walk out along the canal to the old power plant maybe ..we used to do it as kids and have good luck

LutherDLG
07-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Was there a couple weekends ago and caught about 80 fish in 5 hours, 65 of them pike. We had the best luck on the southeast side of of the lake, in the weed beds across the bay from the power plant. I've done my share of shore fishing, and I don't think it ever going to be as productive in this type of situation, but the water we were catching them in was really shallow and there were beaches all along the shore between the weed beds - so you could definitely get in there.

Best of luck, hope it helps.