PDA

View Full Version : Windermere Lake, BC

Stella
07-08-2015, 07:13 AM
My wife has rented a place here and I was wondering what type of fish species is in the lake and if it is worth while to take the fishing gear? I know this lake gets hit with alot of boat pressure but I figured I would ask the question.

Battery
07-08-2015, 08:34 AM
My wife has rented a place here and I was wondering what type of fish species is in the lake and if it is worth while to take the fishing gear? I know this lake gets hit with alot of boat pressure but I figured I would ask the question.

Fantastic fishing!. Bass, Kokanee, you name it. Stick to the North End of the lake by the Columbia River inlet and you will land some fish

Moefoe
07-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Fished Windermere 2 weeks ago had a blast...Berkley Jerk Shad rigged weedless, tossed under docks, lilly pads, reeds or anything that looked fishy, 2 guys probably 60 bass in 2 days, some in the 3-4lbs range too! We primarily stuck to the north and down the west side and fished during the week so the boat traffic wasn't that bad!

Garlicmarshmellow
07-08-2015, 03:42 PM
How and where do you catch the kokanee on the lake. Been try for a couple of years and nada. Caught every type of fish but no kokanee. Bring some poppers with you and try the top water bass action early in the morning and in the evening when the lake calms down near the edge of the weed beds

Thanks