PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near McLeod (Carson), mainly Emerald Lake

pwned555
07-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone, I will be heading out to McLeod this weekend and was wondering about fishing nearby. I usually head up to McLeod a couple times a year for a day trip but this time I will be staying all weekend and wanted to check out some of the other lakes near by, mainly Emerald. I've heard it's difficult to fish and difficult to find, both are okay with me.

I have a kayak and a belly boat I'll be brining with me, will both be easy enough to get to Emerald lake from where you have to park? Also I've been trying to actually find it's location on a map and it doesn't seem very easy.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/54%C2%B019'50.1%22N+115%C2%B036'50.4%22W/@54.3239318,-115.6222534,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

I found this hotspot marker above and was wondering if it was near the right location and if so was Emerald the lake on the West or East side of that marker?

I also heard that Laura Lake used to have rainbows in it, but I haven't seen it on the stocking report for awhile now. If anyone has been there recently and could let me know what the fishing is like that would be great.

Thanks for your help!

Kodiak12
07-14-2015, 02:38 PM
The Lake is west of the marker. If you go to your link and switch to satellite image you will see the road getting in there. You will have to pack your kayak or belly boat only about 100 feet from where you can park. I have never fished Laura or heard of anyone fishing it.

ROA
07-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Pengrowth (the oil company) has the pipe line on the well site at Emerald dug up a bit last time I was there, just park to the side so you don't get in the way of any equipment. There is also a dock just before the well but the water it goes out into is very shallow and full of lilly pads. I think it was stocked this year or last going off the size of some of the brookies.

Laura lake winter kills and I don't belive it has been stocked for 15-18 years or more.

EZM
07-14-2015, 03:36 PM
54°19'50.1"N 115°36'50.4"W

A great belly boat lake ....... but tricky to get into with all the equipment in there.

pwned555
07-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I wanted to make sure I was fishing in the right lake. I don't mind getting skunked, but getting skunked and later finding out you were at the wrong lake is not fun!

fishman
07-15-2015, 07:57 PM
My lake emerald fished it since 1982

Laura like hasn't been stocked since mid
80s. Never had rainbows

Emerald optimally had rainbows in and was
Converted to brookies

Laura lake was originally stocked with
Brookies. They even tried browns and
Grayling. Just such a waste. Was a great
Night. I loved it. And no wind below the tree
Line