PDA

View Full Version : Mclean Creek Trout Pond

kevinhits
07-14-2015, 07:10 PM
So, decided to take the kids out to Mclean pond today. Had some trout worms that I will bring back after a trout trip and refigerate them. I knew there were only a few in the bag and had heard that the store at Mclean carried bait. Didnt feel like going out of my way and head to CT...Took my chances even though I had numerous power baits with me...My oldest loves to come fishing with me and the younger boy came , or we forced him to come cause the wife was at work today...LOL..

As always when we go out to fish, I promise the kids an Ice Cream from the store and always deliver...:sHa_shakeshout:

So, walk in and ask the lady at the counter if she has worms for sale and she replies sharply, I may add, " it is illegal to use live bait at this pond". I said no,this a stocked trout pond and worms are allowed....Then the other Woman that works there spouts out " We are not here to argue with you..and the conservation officer told us so...

Wow...These are the misinformed individuals working in our parks?

I will be calling Fish and Wildlife in that area tomorrow to let them know that these ladies need to know the regulations...At least for the pond they work next to..LOL

Kinda ****ed me off the way both of them were talking to me...Been fishing all my life and these tools were telling me the regs:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Brandonkop
07-14-2015, 07:46 PM
MCLEAN POND

Bait Allowed | Stocked | Ice Fishing
Opened: April 1 -to- March 31
Fish: Trout, Rainbow Trout
Google Map: Click Here
5 Day Weather Report: Click Here

Yup seems you are correct... too bad they didn't have a copy of the regs could have settled those power tripping clerks on the spot.

kevinhits
07-14-2015, 07:53 PM
MCLEAN POND

Bait Allowed | Stocked | Ice Fishing
Opened: April 1 -to- March 31
Fish: Trout, Rainbow Trout
Google Map: Click Here
5 Day Weather Report: Click Here

Yup seems you are correct... too bad they didn't have a copy of the regs could have settled those power tripping clerks on the spot.

Yup.Do not like being harassed from a clerk that has no clue...lol

I live in Calgary and have been fishing there for over 15 years...That is what bothers me..LOL

alacringa
07-14-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't think there's anything ESRD can do with regards to the clerks. It sounds as though the clerks are applying the stream regs to the pond. I don't have a problem with them being conservative -- it would be far worse if they were telling people that the possession limit was 6, or that they could use 2 lines....

kevinhits
07-14-2015, 08:52 PM
I don't think there's anything ESRD can do with regards to the clerks. It sounds as though the clerks are applying the stream regs to the pond. I don't have a problem with them being conservative -- it would be far worse if they were telling people that the possession limit was 6, or that they could use 2 lines....

I agree but they knew I was fishing the Pond...

Flieguy
07-16-2015, 11:32 AM
:sad0020: silliness

chironomids work better anyway

CMichaud
07-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Standard a-holes that know not of what they speak but still feel inclined to vent their ignorance regardless.

What's the name of the store?