PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Guide

FishermanFrank1976
07-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Hello Everyone, I am planning a salmon/halibut trip to Vancouver Island for Sept. long weekend. I have never been ocean fishing before and I am looking to hire a guide for a day or two to come out with us and show us the ropes. I just purchased a brand new 2016 Kingfisher2425 Experience HT that has not seen the water yet and will be delivered mid August but is a fully customized guide boat. It has all the electronics, hds12, remote rear helm ipad, 4g broadband radar, vhf, 2x2116 Scotty downriggers, planer reels, autopilot, trollmaster etc. Yamaha 250hp main w/25hp HT kicker and has a sink and flush toilet on board. I usually fish the big 3 interior lakes, Arrow, Kootaney and Kinbasket. I have all the top of the line gear you can buy and only use Islander MR3 reels. I am looking to hear from anyone of you that have used guides out there and if there willing to come on someone else's boat for a day or two. Everything supplied no problem, food(bbq on board) alcohol if he/she wants etc. We are great peeps, business owners and die hard fisherman:) Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks:)

tikka250
07-14-2015, 11:31 PM
No idea if he would be up for it but carl loves to fish and is pretty damn good at it. Give seaJ charters a call he is based in campbell river.

Safety D
07-15-2015, 08:00 AM
Go to Sooke. Just back and hammered the springs and pinks. Also 2 nice Kohos. Rollie is the top guide around there. Amazing area and the Kohos will be in thick then !!!! We got 2 tyees also

Pembina
07-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Try Kevin McKenna at Port Renfrew, 250-647-0123. I have gone with him a few times and he is a good fisherman.