PDA

View Full Version : Prince Albert SSR + NSR

JareS
07-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Moving to Prince Albert SK for school this coming September. Very excited as I have fished the parks north of town since I was young, and my grandparents went every year for 30 years

Looking for info on the North Sask and South Sask rivers within an hour of PA. I hear theres lots of nice pike and walleye, what else can I expect to catch with somewhat regularity? Are goldeye, sturgeon, sauger or Lake whitefish in these parts? They're listed as present species but not sure if they are in the Saskatchewan stretch

Thanks
Jared

Talking moose
07-17-2015, 10:39 AM
All in catchable numbers except lake whitefish. Try the forks where the north and south come together.

JareS
09-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Caught my first ever Dino! Right here in town in Prince Albert. Another species off the list! Also hooked into a small wallie. Awesome day!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk134/Phaneuf4PM/Mobile%20Uploads/image_6.jpg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Phaneuf4PM/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_6.jpg.html)

YeeHaw
09-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Just on the east side of the bridge is a little sand beach, use to skip school anf fish it with decent success, the east side of the airport weir is good fishing at night for big walleye, the mouth of the shell and little red rivers are also great locations. Also Peter Pond area holds large numbers of prime walleye. The forks are a bit of a hike to get to, but well worth it. Good spot to catch dinosaurs, just DO NOT have a slider on your rig, as it will be an instant fine. Unfortunately you can not target sturgeon in Sask, but a standard sturgeon rig is allowed if you say you are going after large walleye.;)

shifter2600
09-07-2015, 12:21 PM
You got to head out to a small lake I have a lake lot at. Never skunked. Emerald Lake. Great fishing even right off the boat lauch.

Habfan
09-07-2015, 12:36 PM
You got to head out to a small lake I have a lake lot at. Never skunked. Emerald Lake. Great fishing even right off the boat lauch.

Is that by Iroquois Lake ?

embury93
09-07-2015, 06:23 PM
An hour east of P. A. theres some amazing fishing at the forks, where the north & south sask rivers meet. Caught some nice fish out of there back when I lived there.