PDA

View Full Version : lake chaparral rainbows

fish on
01-17-2009, 09:33 PM
has anyone fished this stocked lake I want to take my daughter there. My friend lives there and has invited the family to check it out. Will there be some action or more watching the aquq vu.

Fish Feathers Game
01-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Fish on. I live in Lake Chaparral. The last time I went out was in the real cold spell. Talked with a couple others fishing on the way out on the ice and they all said it was slow. Try in the narrows with tiny tiny pink glow bodied jigs tipped with bait. It has usually worked great for me. I plan on going next weekend as we have company coming and they want to fish too. Ice is about 14 inches. The Lake was stocked just before ice up with 100, 3.2 lb or bigger fish. Good luck!

fish on
01-17-2009, 10:46 PM
hey good to know what type of bait live or synthetic.Sorry for the questions but I'm dying to see my daughter reel one in.

Fish Feathers Game
01-17-2009, 10:56 PM
The bait we use is Power bait. Sent you a pm.

B.O.
01-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I as well live in lake chaparral. I usually fish here a have dozen times each winter. I prefer to use shrimp for bait but if you have an aqua view I like to aggressively jig a castmaster spoon with a 4" dropper baited with a mealworm. The fishing here can be very slow but the size of the fish make up for it. 5lbs. rainbows are not uncommon.

matathonman
01-18-2009, 09:56 AM
I found it doesn't fish at all as good as it does after ice off flyfishing.I pounded a fish outa there that would go 7-8 lbs early summer.Hooked my spool release by accident while stripping and it fell to the bottom of the lake while fighting it!:sick:Landed it though.Sure is nice fish in there.