PDA

View Full Version : I need help ASAP. ANYONE?

Grizzly
01-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get to Hays Lake, (Grantham Res.)
Thanks!

fish on
01-17-2009, 09:36 PM
there was a fella who sent a note on how to get there on this forum look for the title saying spots east of calgary

fish on
01-17-2009, 09:37 PM
let me know how it goes I live in airdrie and it would be nice to have a spot close to home

Piker
01-18-2009, 07:19 AM
From no.1 hiway go south on #36 to a road 4 miles north of Vauxhall you will see the sign Hays go east until just past Hays and then south on a winding and you cant miss the dam. There is also a lake called Granthum Res. west of hays on the same road you cant miss this one either as the road goes thru the middle by the feedlot.

Okotoksangler
01-18-2009, 08:57 PM
any idea how long a drive it is?

Piker
01-19-2009, 06:56 AM
I see you are in Med. Hat. There is a paved secondary highway from near redcliff straight to hays I do not know the number of it but should be on the map. Its about 1 hr. out of Med. Hat.

Grizzly
01-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks Everyone for your help.
We found the lake and fished for 5 hours ish.
Caught 6 pike and lost 4 at the hole.
It was a beautifl day for fishing, the wind worked its magic on the tip ups and it seems the pike came in groups of 2-3's Biggest one caught was 6lbs.
I set up my tent for a short time in the shallow water and saw one perch. I didnt know perch were in the lake though. I didnt have anything to hook em with but he chased my jig tipd minnow for about 5 mins trying to steal my minner.

SOO, whats a day of fishing without a battle wound? Haha, one of the pikes teeth met with my finger and i managed to leave a good blood trail on the ice. Got me good that bugger! the cuts about an inch and some long, almost needed stiches!

Anyhow, ill be going back, soon as pike fishing seems to pick up feb and march.

Thanks again, ill post the pictures once i get them downloaded!

Piker
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
What lake were you actually on? I have not fished there for years and it is pretty slow around Taber.thks Dave

Grizzly
01-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I believe it was hays. the one with the really long dam. Grantham and hays are connected. kind of like sauder res and rattlesnake.
im not sure how to explain it but we were just beside the highway.