PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lake - north Report

pyke88
01-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Fishing VERY slow yesterday. 1 rainbow on the ice between 2 of us. Didn't see much more activity amongst any of the other groups. Tough to move around on the ice, as a result of 10" of floodwater under a cap of snow. A beautiful warm day on the ice.

denpacc
01-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Fishing VERY slow yesterday. 1 rainbow on the ice between 2 of us. Didn't see much more activity amongst any of the other groups. Tough to move around on the ice, as a result of 10" of floodwater under a cap of snow. A beautiful warm day on the ice.

I've heard the north end is slow in general. Do you normally fish the north end? I've been fishing the south end since the late 70's and have had incredible luck (skunked only once in 30 years).

At least you had a "beautiful warm day".

Cheers

Okotoksangler
01-18-2009, 08:52 PM
i live in okotoks, how far do you have to go to reach the south end that you are talking about. i have always stopped at the north end as it was the first we saw.

denpacc
01-18-2009, 08:59 PM
i live in okotoks, how far do you have to go to reach the south end that you are talking about. i have always stopped at the north end as it was the first we saw.

Not very far at all, maybe about 7 minutes if that. Depends on how fast you drive...:D If you blink you may miss the south end.:lol:

Cheers

butcherboy
01-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I need help with this one. Is this the Chain Lake that is south of Longview(west of Nanton in southern Alberta) Or is there another Chain Lake further up in Alberta. Thanks.

pyke88
01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
My apologies. I should have clarified. I was at Chain Lake north of Athabasca.

Okotoksangler
01-19-2009, 09:01 PM
den pac were you talking about the chain lakes by longview or by athabasca??