PDA

View Full Version : Gran Torino

Chris K
01-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I went to see Gran Torino last night starring and directed by Clint Eastwood, and this was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. If you go to a lot of movies and have not yet seen it, I think you need to see it, and if you don't go to movies too often, this one is worth watching in the theatre. Chris K

Big.Bear
01-18-2009, 12:42 PM
It looked real good to me, I cant wait to see it. Thanks for sharing!

Grizzly Adams
01-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I've seen the promos. Sounds just like another vigilante movie to me. Clint's voice is getting awfully gravelly and they say this will probably be his last performance, as an actor. The guy is pushing 80.:D
Grizz

hayseed
01-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Vigilante?? This is Eastwood, anything he does is payback, with violence of course. About the voice, he hardly had one at 50, let alone almost 80. He is still directing, AND acting at a very golden age, you might be staring out the window, collecting drool in your lap, if your lucky.....:rolleyes:

Anyone I have talked to says its worth the coin, hats off to a legend in the film industry.

sako1
01-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Fantastic show,Eastwood did an amazing job,and believe it or not there is almost NO violence!!!!!

Frans
01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I've seen the promos. Sounds just like another vigilante movie to me. Clint's voice is getting awfully gravelly and they say this will probably be his last performance, as an actor. The guy is pushing 80.:D

Grizz, you are getting ornery... must be the winter blues. I think it is time we went out and killed some wolves! :-)

Frans

hunt_and_fish
01-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I saw it and it's definitely worth the money. Wasn't really what I was expecting. It actually had a lot of funny parts. Great show.

59whiskers
01-18-2009, 09:29 PM
It was a great movie with a serious side and funny side, Clint is always great.

.264 Win Mag
01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Absoultly Fantastic!!

Grizzly Adams
01-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Don't get me wrong, I Love Eastwood, can't beat that Dirty Harry Line, or my favorite, , Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms, but this is his final stab, like Henry Fonda, in On Golden Pond, or John Wayne in, the name escapes my senile mind:lol:, but I was hoping for something a little more High Brow. God, Old Eons voice is shot and he still keeps trying to sing.:lol: To quote Clint, A Man has to know his limitations.:D
Yah, you're right Frans, I've been cooped up too long. Tried to go out yesterday, but the snow was over my knees, in places. Let's do her soon though.
Grizz

marlin1
01-19-2009, 08:50 AM
personally I wish he would have fired a shot or two with the garand. good movie though

Frans
01-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Yah, you're right Frans, I've been cooped up too long. Tried to go out yesterday, but the snow was over my knees, in places. Let's do her soon though.

That's why I got them fancy snow shoes! Remind me to call you when I get back from SCI Reno.

F.

BrnCynergy 12 ga
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I went to see Gran Torino last night starring and directed by Clint Eastwood, and this was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. If you go to a lot of movies and have not yet seen it, I think you need to see it, and if you don't go to movies too often, this one is worth watching in the theatre. Chris K

X5

hunt_and_fish
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
this is his final stab, like Henry Fonda, in On Golden Pond

Funny that you mention that...Clint's character reminded me a lot of old Norman Thayer Jr. I guess it was the bitterness. Obviously very different movies but they're both great. I still try to catch "Walter" every time I go after trout.

Swamp_Donkey
01-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Grizz
Not even close Grizz. This movie has a script like nothing that I can recall(in a good way). Clints like an old peace of jerky; just gets tougher with age!

Grizzly Adams
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Not even close Grizz. This movie has a script like nothing that I can recall(in a good way). Clints like an old peace of jerky; just gets tougher with age!

I AM going to see it. The guy is one of a kind. Always get a chuckle out of him in the old spaghetti westerns. All that loud music, the facial expressions, and very little said, before the guns blaze, with that weird sound.:lol: Does he have a new girlfriend, acting with him?:lol: Sandra Locke owes the limited success she had, to him.
Grizz