PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Barrie Ontario

wtail
07-23-2015, 09:05 AM
I Travelled to Barrie for some holidays. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas of any really good bass lakes with in hr of Barrie where a guy could rent a boat and fish for bass.i know lake simcoe is there but is there any smaller lakes to try.

THEREAPER
07-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Sparrow lake has LMB and SMB and everything else. Lake Couchiching is awesome for Bass too, not sure about boat rentals. Lake Simcoe is the King of Jumbo Perch!! Have fun

Mistagin
07-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Lake Dalrymple over on the east side used to be pretty good. I don't know about boat rentals anymore though.

Another one on the east side is Canal Lake just off 48, there is a marina at Bolsover (at least there used to be); I've had some great fishing there including catching bass, pike, muskies, and walleye.

Other than that I can't suggest anything other than Lake Simcoe itself; there are some great small-mouth bass around the islands (Thorah and Georgina) on the south and east side off Beaverton and Duclos Point.

Rockyman
07-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Your best bet close to Barrie is Little Lake, which is just north of town. I used to fish it a lot for largemouth bass. You can rent boats there from here: http://lawrenceparklittlelake.com/Fishing.html.

North of Barrie you can try Orr Lake for smallmouth.

scel
07-24-2015, 12:43 AM
I spent almost a month in the Parry Sound/Muskoka area (about 1 hour NW of Barrie). The whole area is filled with lakes and fish. I think that you will be limited by where you can rent a boat (assuming that you will not have the resources to haul the boat to the ideal lake, essentially limited to lake of the rental company).

Smallmouth bass can be surprisingly finicky. Much like trout, bigger hooks do not necessarily catch bigger fish.

sundancedan
07-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Check out Balsam Lake, it has great Bass fishing, Muskie, and Walleye! There are two marinas you can rent boats from, Rosedale Marine, and Balsam Lake Marine.

dmcbride
07-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Lake Couchiching is awesome for bass. Boats can be rented at the narrows in Orillia just north of Barrie. The narrows are what joins lake Simcoe and Couchiching.