PDA

View Full Version : Long Lake slow

sirmike68
01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Took the wife and 2 yr old out for the day to Long Lake near Boyle. No luck but the weather was great. Used my underwater camera for the first time today and had a blast watching the fish not bite my hook. Seen pike, whitefish, and schools of perch but nothing was interested. They would look at the hook and just swim away. At least with a fish finder I could say the "fish" must be weeds because if there are that many down there they are sure to bite. With the camera I realize that I'm not the best fisherman afterall. The 2 yr old loved it as well as the wife. 8" of flood water sitting on top of the ice too.

happy perch fisher
01-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm assuming your talking about long lake by boyle. I doubt u seen of whitefish out of there. I've have never seen or heard of anyone catching a whitefish out of it ever. The reason the perch are down there is because they won't bite your hook. If they bit your hook they would'nt be there because people would just take them. There isn't much left of them either. Those are same perch for last 4 years that surived since the walleye took over.

ceedub
01-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Happy Perch Fisher .....you don't seem too happy. My take from your posts is that nobody should fish for perch, nobody should keep any perch and for god sake nobody should report that they caught any perch.....oh ya, except you want to keep reminding us how good you happen to be at doing all those things. I remember this forum before guys like you showed up, real outdoors types doing real outdoors things.

Anyway, thanks for the Long Lake report, pretty typical of the season so far. Hopefully it picks up soon.

happy perch fisher
01-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Happy Perch Fisher .....you don't seem too happy. My take from your posts is that nobody should fish for perch, nobody should keep any perch and for god sake nobody should report that they caught any perch.....oh ya, except you want to keep reminding us how good you happen to be at doing all those things. I remember this forum before guys like you showed up, real outdoors types doing real outdoors things.

Anyway, thanks for the Long Lake report, pretty typical of the season so far. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Lol where do u see this in this post
My take from your posts is that nobody should fish for perch, nobody should keep any perch.
Yah i do bielve in the 3rd thing throw. How many lake have perch left in good number and good size that been posted on this borad. Now how many perch lakes have being been wrecked by overfishing by posting on these borads. There are only a couple left. So i'm going to protect them if u did'nt like it u can go find it yourself not expecting people to give freebies to you because your so lazy. That lake i'm talking about is private thats why i caught those perch out also i did'nt bring a bucket home of big perch thats why they get so big. If that was bragging posting that then everyone else is bragging to when the post a big fish. I rarely brag or post anything about my catches so i can't see how u think i like bragging about it.

happy perch fisher
01-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I remember this forum before guys like you showed up, real outdoors types doing real outdoors things.
Lol i been on here since the old website and fourms. Considering you've only been registered for 4months. Man you must of been doing alot of lurking for freebies.

normanbrill
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I would have to say that when i catch fish in a good spot i tell people about the spot so that they can go and have as much fun as myself and my family had. That called sportsmanship...

butcherboy
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
HPF you really need a hug from all the board members and then some. Sirmike posts what a great day he had with his wife and 2 yr old on what they saw on the camera and once again, you are being very very negative. The reason the perch are there is because they won't bite your hook.-What is that all about? Why such sarcasm/negativity with your message? That was pretty good of you to point that out about the fish not biting and that is why they are there. I do not think anyone of us would have figured this out.:rolleyes: Please, if you have nothing positive or good to say, please keep it to your self. If Sirmike revealed on of your secret spots, oh well. There are many people on this board reading this and probably will never go to your secret spots, so relax and try be POSITIVE. :wave:

happy perch fisher
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
long lake is no secret spot at all. That is the reason those perch are there they been like that for years. Those perch are all big and old why do u think they are like that. There is no little ones coming up so once the few remaining perch die there will be none left. If someone would of caught them they would of been kept. Thats why they did'nt bite. Just posting why there still there did'nt mean for it to be sarcatic.

matt1984
01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Is there a way to block a user so you don't have to read through their negative, horribly spelled postings all the time? Or petition for a banning?
It has made this forum worse than the hordes of meatfisherman on this borad are making the lakes , I did'nt even want to read threw the posts anymore.

not naming names or anything.....:)

happy perch fisher
01-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Is there a way to block a user so you don't have to read through their negative, horribly spelled postings all the time? Or petition for a banning?
It has made this forum worse than the hordes of meatfisherman on this borad are making the lakes , I did'nt even want to read threw the posts anymore.

not naming names or anything.....:)
If u did'nt like what i post just skip it. no ones forcing you to read it.

Albertahog
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Is there a way to block a user so you don't have to read through their negative, horribly spelled postings all the time?yes put him on "your" ignore list .:wave: