PDA

View Full Version : perch fishing around calgary?

just a newbie
07-27-2015, 02:09 AM
are there any shore fishing place around calgary fo perch? i have never caught one of those buggers and would love to cross them off the list. i know people say there are perch in carburn but i have only caught small pike there (2nd pond) any guide is appreciated.

chunter893
07-27-2015, 07:47 AM
There should be perch in Chestermere, which is really close to Calgary.

Sleddawg
07-27-2015, 08:16 AM
There should be perch in Chestermere, which is really close to Calgary.

Haven't seen a single perch in this lake myself for the 3 years I've lived here. Fished both winter and summer.

lds
07-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Perch are rare near any city in Alberta. Everyone keeps them and they become fewer every year and for the past few years I have been hearing about there not being perch in any of the lakes anymore. Sundance is loaded with small ones but it's a private lake so not many people can fish it

kostianych
07-27-2015, 10:39 AM
find a friend in the Sundance Community.....

Flieguy
07-27-2015, 11:52 AM
asking someone to share their perch spot online is a little like asking them to rip out their own teeth. people are very protective of their spots...

if you really want to catch some you'll have to travel far and so some investigating on your own. Maybe start at burnstick lake?

good luck man! and if you find a good spot, don't post it or it won't be good long.

Bobbydee
07-27-2015, 01:50 PM
asking someone to share their perch spot online is a little like asking them to rip out their own teeth. people are very protective of their spots...

if you really want to catch some you'll have to travel far and so some investigating on your own. Maybe start at burnstick lake?

good luck man! and if you find a good spot, don't post it or it won't be good long.

yuup

just a newbie
07-27-2015, 02:17 PM
Wow I had no idea that they are so limited even the lakes are secrets lol, so anyone living in Sundance wanna be friends haha

Raptor Boy
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Used to be lots in the second pond at carburn park pond (riverbend)......

HuyFishin
07-27-2015, 04:03 PM
I've been searching for perch lakes unsuccessfully around Edmonton lol
losing my little perch lures to pike on light line is ****ing me off.

just a newbie
07-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Used to be lots in the second pond at carburn park pond (riverbend)......

used to be?? are they still there lol, because all i catch there is pike haha

spinN'flyfish
07-28-2015, 12:25 AM

x2 try the dock, always see a bunch of kids with their parents catchin' them. small tho, might not be worth the drive up, maybe try some camping to make it more fun. Great place for the kids
Good Luck

pinelakeperch
07-28-2015, 11:30 AM
I used to catch nice perch by the bucketful in Pine Lake, not sure where they went.

Isopod
08-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Probably into a lot of buckets :)

JareS
08-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Drive to Saskatchewan if you're going to target perch