PDA

View Full Version : Lake Diefenbaker

liv2fish
07-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Hey guys. Heading to lake Diefenbaker tomorrow for a week. I have never fished it before. Has anyone got any tips or tricks for the lake? We will be staying at Douglas provincial park on far east side of lake. We will be fishing from boats. I know the lake is huge and just looking for some insight. Are there any problem shallow spots in middle of lake to be aware of? Thanks!

Habfan
07-30-2015, 08:25 AM
I think you mean Danielson prov. Park. The lake is 150 ft deep in the middle, no worries about hitting anything other than floating logs ! The coulee that is part of the launch at Danielson has walleye in it, fish in the evening or morning, jigging by the pump house ! If you trailer your boat across the lake to Coteau Bay, troll on the opposite side of launch with bottom bouncers ! If you fish the coulees you will catch fish, the main lake is very tough to fish without knowing where to go !

liv2fish
07-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Ok thanks! No we are staying at Douglas. It is on the south arm south of Danielson. Right by town called elbow.

huntingd
07-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Ok thanks! No we are staying at Douglas. It is on the south arm south of Danielson. Right by town called elbow.

I have a house in elbow. Pm me and I will send you a map with a couple spots on it.

lone wolf
07-30-2015, 11:29 AM
There are two provincial Parks quite close to each other, Danielson and Douglas. Kids and i were there in the Spring and the Douglas boat launch was closed because of very low water levels. May or may not be open now. regardless thee is a good launch over at Danielson, and the one at Elbow is even closer.

ghostguy6
07-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Bring your own walleye rigs and bottom bouncers, they are much cheaper here than in Elbow. Talk to the marina operator for a good location.

Winch101
07-31-2015, 04:46 PM
I have caught and seen was off the dock , at sunset in the Riverhurst
Marina .....

winged1
07-31-2015, 11:40 PM
head across from the Elbow marina to the sand hills, you'll find a deeper channel wondering fairly close to shore. Bounce minnows or leaches between 20-40 feet. We've caught 4 species there with plenty of perch and good size picks.