PDA

View Full Version : Upper K Advice

Sumara
07-30-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm looking to head to the Upper K sometime after the weekend to try my luck with something other than rainbows. What would be some good lures or flies (without a fly rod) to try out? Even a nice location would be sweet and much help!

With it being a lake with a bait ban, if i had any kind of bait or trout dough in my tackle box even if i was not using it i imagine i could still get fined correct? I've heard some parks require baits to be a certain distance away from the waters let alone used at all so i wanted to make sure i'm doing it right since i fish with bait more than without.

Bow flyman
07-30-2015, 07:30 PM
I was just up there on the Upper lake the other day. I caught a bunch of small cutthroats on small nymphs. Just tie on a tiny dark nymph fly and cast out with the spin rod. These fish are right next to the shore, so catching them should be fairly easy. Do not use bait of any kind, as it is strictly prohibited.

just a newbie
07-30-2015, 08:31 PM
spinners are pretty hot right now. as for the bait, i think you are good as long as it stays out of the water

kinwahkly
07-30-2015, 09:01 PM
caddis with a copper john dropper.