PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore Perch Fishing

drhu22
08-06-2015, 10:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone would share some tips for catching perch in Glenmore Res from shore. Also, has anyone had much luck?

Thanks

JareS
08-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Seems to be one of the most rare of the species present. Heard of trout, burbs and whitefish being caught but mostly small pike.

Richard B.
08-06-2015, 01:20 PM
I have only seen pike come out of there but have heard rumours of other species and was shown a photo of a nice brown trout that was said to come out of there

aulrich
08-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I Have not found anything but pike so far.
I have seen what I am assuming are trout rising in the evenings and really since the Elbow has rainbows, browns and rockies it’s safe to say they are in the reservoir.

I have seen marks on the sounder that were where I would expect perch to be, but could have just as easily been schools of rockies.

bigbfidaddy
08-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Caught a few bows and lots of pike but haven't seen a perch come out in a long time. Back I'm the day we could catch them near the docks at the sailing club but i don't think they will even let u near there unless your going sailing. Walk up with a fishing rod and they will look at you like you have two heads. Sorry couldn't be more help.

EZM
08-06-2015, 02:41 PM
I have only seen pike come out of there but have heard rumours of other species and was shown a photo of a nice brown trout that was said to come out of there

A friend of mine caught a giant brown out of there (one of biggest I've ever seen in person here in Alberta) just west of the sailing club many moons ago.

It was a pretty ridiculous set up - a in line sinker and 36" of line to spin n' glow cast off shore and bumped along the rocks with a big fat dew worm (not sure if bait is still allowed in there). The thing cast silly - looked silly and brought on mockery from the rest of us.

He just re-purposed the same set up we used the night before trolling for trout being to lazy to switch over to a "proper" set up.

He laughed last and had the brown stuffed - it was 8-9 lbs.

I would assume browns are still in there.

marty1
08-06-2015, 03:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone would share some tips for catching perch in Glenmore Res from shore. Also, has anyone had much luck?

Thanks

Years ago you could catch perch right at the boat launch by the big H sign( heritage park) use to get them upto pound and a half In their using leaches.

Fishslayer99
08-06-2015, 04:38 PM
There are huge Browns in Glenmore reservoir, some of them are over 15lb no joke. Good luck catching them as they are not stupid or hungry it seems. The only time you may luck out is opening week when the ice is just off, even that is a long shot.

megaman
08-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Caught about a 2-3lb beautiful brown trout out of glenmore 3 years ago. But the fish are never hungry from there it seems. Good luck OP!

ak-71
08-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I was catching some ~3 years ago in the western corner on worms under bobber. Small ones and it was pretty slow

drhu22
08-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the replies... much appreciated!

Sundancefisher
08-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the replies... much appreciated!

I can't offer much other than seeing perch off the docks south of Heritage Park entrance once and a guy said he catches them there.

Cory1
08-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Was out cycling around the resevoir over the weekend and thought I saw someone catch a perch.. Upon closer inspection it was a 7-8" pike.

This was on the south side, 300 yards or so east of the sailing club.