PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Puetro Vallata/Punta de Mita

Sitkaspruce
08-06-2015, 07:27 PM
So we are headed down to the area in the last week of October and I am looking to do some fishing. One of my bucket list fish is a Rooster fish, so I am not sure if I should go inside or outside for the sailfish and marlin.

Any recommendations of who to go with??

Also, any suggestions anything else to do, we are staying in Neuvo Vallarta.

Thanks

Cheers

SS

aulrich
08-06-2015, 11:37 PM
In theory the roosters will still be reachable with a surf rod that time of year. With luck I'll be out there in February but the sexy fish will be out to sea that time of year.

THERICARDO
08-08-2015, 09:31 AM
So we are headed down to the area in the last week of October and I am looking to do some fishing. One of my bucket list fish is a Rooster fish, so I am not sure if I should go inside or outside for the sailfish and marlin.

Any recommendations of who to go with??

Also, any suggestions anything else to do, we are staying in Neuvo Vallarta.

Thanks

Cheers

SS

we went to PV in Jan and Fb, stayed at the NOW AMBER, shore fishing was fantastic each and everyday from a rock pier 30 feet from the property... found a guy with Panga and he would take me fishing for roosters and Ambers everyday as the river wasn't far from the resort we would set up shop near where river came into ocean in Nuevo Vallarta... it was like 100 bucks a day, he also took me to a lake about an hour from PV and we smashed Bass for the entire day was unreal... I had no interest in Marlin or Sailfish as I have done it numerous times... good luck but options definitely availabole for some awesome fishing