PDA

View Full Version : Attaching camcorder to Aqua-Vu to record?

Stufferdog
01-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Having some trouble figuring out which kind of cable to attach to an Aqua-vu camera to my camcorder?
Camcorder is digital ( not HD) with an A/V plug-in port. Is this the standard "video in" jack?
The manual says use any RCA-style patch cord that comes with most camcorders. I've owned two diferent camcorders and both come with the cable that plugs into the camera and the other end has the three colored male plugins for tv viewing. this didnt work! Will it even work for a digital camera? Do you need a converter? Is there a certain camcorder setting to enable video transfer?
There must be a way! Help please!

ukrmaf
01-21-2009, 08:24 PM
make sure the port is an input, all cameras have the ouput u plug into your tv but very few have an input u can record with, especially cheaper mibi dv cams

riderpride55
01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I have 2 camcordes, a minv dv, and a more expensive one with a hard drive, neither one has a video input. what I did was bought a converter from staples, that plugs into the video out on the aqua vu and converts in to a usb signal for my lap top.. that is how I do it, and it works awesome.

Stufferdog
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys.. apparently A/V port on my camcorder is also "video out"; No "video in" on a 500.00+ camera "how rude":mad3:
When you use your laptop as a monitor, can you somehow record it to your hard drive? or simply view it on a larger screen?

AlbertaAngler
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I have 2 camcordes, a minv dv, and a more expensive one with a hard drive, neither one has a video input. what I did was bought a converter from staples, that plugs into the video out on the aqua vu and converts in to a usb signal for my lap top.. that is how I do it, and it works awesome.

What was the brand and/or name of the device from staples? I tried searching for it on their website but couldn't fine anything that matched what you are using.

Thanks,

goober
01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I saw a mini pvr for Aqua-Vu on the Cabelas web site. I think it may save on wear and tear on your camera. I believe it was $119 us. All you need is an SD memory card to save your day on the lake and then plug the card in to your computer.

goober
01-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Sorry I was wrong on the website! Here is the link and it should be in CDN dollars(149.99)!!

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_73967_250003007_250000000_250003000_250-3-7!!!

riderpride55
01-23-2009, 07:14 AM
ADS DVD Xpress DX2
Item Number 635612

I think the one from cabellas may bit a small for recording time. I find that a 10 hour day of fishing, will give me 10 min. of high quality underwater action.

Features:
Capture audio and video via the USB port to your computer hard drive or "Direct to Disc" (CD or DVD disc)
Exclusive "Audio-Lock" technology for perfect lip synch
Capture video directly to popular video formats; DVD (MPEG-2), SVCD, VCD (MPEG-1), MPEG-4 and DivX
Capture directly to Sony PSP video and Apple iPod video formats
Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness and Hue controls
Use the Included CapWiz application for easy video capture direct to your desired video compression format
Record to your computer hard drive or "Direct to Disc"
Exclusive Hardware Encoding chip inside DVD Xpress creates the highest quality video without putting extra strain on your PC
Compatible with all CD and DVD writers
USB 2.0 connection to PC (USB 1.1 compatible)
Included in the Box:
DVD Xpress DX2 device
Audio/Video and USB cables
CD Bundled with: ADS CapWiz 3.8 or later; Ulead Video Studio 9 SE DVD
User's Manual
System Requirements:
Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or faster
Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP
256 MB RAM
1.2 GB available hard drive space for program installation
4 GB+ hard drive space for video capture and editing
CD-ROM drive - for software installation
CD or DVD recordable drive required for CD/DVD authoring
Sound Card - to preview audio
Available USB port

AlbertaAngler
01-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks riderpride,

one more question does it need to be plugged into an outlet to work or does the usb connection power it?

AlbertaAngler
01-23-2009, 08:34 AM
I saw a mini pvr for Aqua-Vu on the Cabelas web site. I think it may save on wear and tear on your camera. I believe it was $119 us. All you need is an SD memory card to save your day on the lake and then plug the card in to your computer.

I believe that the aqua-vu pvr will only work with aqua-vu cameras due to the cable connections. I have the cabelas camera. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would rather go with the smaller pvr rather than bringing my laptop ice fishing.

goober
01-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I think you are right, the PVR will only work with the Aqua-Vu system. That may be the only draw back of this item.

riderpride55
I think the one from cabellas may bit a small for recording time. I find that a 10 hour day of fishing, will give me 10 min. of high quality underwater action.

Out of the box with nothing done to it you are right it has very limited recording time. All you have to do is add an SD memory card and even have a back up one with you if you want.

riderpride55
01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
the unit uses usb power, and the aqua vu uses a standard rca video ouput, so I can't see the pvr being only for aqua vu, ???????????

Scratch
01-23-2009, 10:01 AM
...apparently A/V port on my camcorder is also "video out"; No "video in" on a 500.00+ camera "how rude":mad3:

Very few 'consumer' level video camera's under a grand have that feature. Keep in mind - the cameras we buy for typical use are VERY low end cameras for the most part.

The HD cameras used for most television handheld recording are 15-20,000$ and even true HD cameras for the 'Average' dude are 3-4,000$.

Many offer a way or two around the problem - but every camera is different.

I'm still tinkering with a webcam, sealed with silicone, and a 30 foot USB cable to a laptop... :)

Waxy
01-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Why couldn't a person use something like this?

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-video-recorders-dvrs/sandisk-v-mate/4505-6474_7-32104407.html?tag=mncol;lst

It has all the right video in connections, and it's cheap. I'm sure there are much better ones if you want to spend the $$$.

I realize it's 110V, but 12V converters are dirt cheap at C-tire.

This is what I had in mind anyway...

Waxy

Sundancefisher
01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Why couldn't a person use something like this?

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-video-recorders-dvrs/sandisk-v-mate/4505-6474_7-32104407.html?tag=mncol;lst

It has all the right video in connections, and it's cheap. I'm sure there are much better ones if you want to spend the $$$.

I realize it's 110V, but 12V converters are dirt cheap at C-tire.

This is what I had in mind anyway...

Waxy

If you bought the larger size solar panel...you could run it without a battery and have the solar panel there for other functions...