PDA

View Full Version : Badger Lake/Crawling Valley shore fishing

AuroraBorealis
08-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Hey guys. New to fishing souther Ab waters. Have been reading up on good places to fish and would like to do some fishing this month. Have zeroed in on Badger lake and CV, but have no boat, so forced to fish from the shore.
Asking for some help/tips/pointers on good fishing spots at the above mentioned reservoirs.
Any help greatly appreciated.
:test:

Winch101
08-08-2015, 03:43 PM
From the Dam at the south end of the lake.....can be crowded
On weekends .....

Joe Quiroga
08-08-2015, 03:52 PM
East side of Badger there's a small white building next to an outlet, nice rocks to fish off of right beside it. The rocks on the South side are treacherous but I caught my biggest fish there. Can be a hardy adventure landing fish there, probably wouldn't recommend it unless you can find a good safe spot.

pinelakeperch
08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
At CVR, past the campground, is an inlet with a head gate. You can bait fish from along the shore or vertical jig below the head gate.

Cory1
08-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Was at CVR today, but had the boat and the bite was on, wide variety of 20+ pike with a range of sizes, and 60+ walleye with the biggest at 26" for our boat.

Shore fishing Id suggest skipping the docks in the marina, and down by the spill way, or by the lighthouse off the marina. Bait fishing would be best bet as spoons or cranks would be prohibitive due to the weed growth.

AuroraBorealis
08-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Thanks for all the info. Will try my luck on the Badger sometime this week and hopefully CV by the end of the month.

AuroraBorealis
08-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Went to badger on Monday. Good day fishing, great weather but the catch wasn't what I was hoping for. Got 4 pike, all identical 20-21". That's it that's all, spent 5 hrs, tried a bunch of spots on the dam, then east side of the lake.