PDA

View Full Version : Reg question?

CK Angler
08-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, out on lesser slave with family, we have two girls under 16, can I keep fish under their possession even though they don't have a license?

I'm browsing on my phone but can't seem to find the answer. Let me know please, thanks !

AdverseCity
08-09-2015, 05:58 PM
They can keep their own limit without a license, 1 walleye over 43cm for Slave in the summer. I'd recommend that anyone aged 16-64 in the boat have a license regardless if they're "fishing" or not. Just baiting a kids hook or taking a fish off can be considered fishing, a F&W officer could probably ticket you if they wanted.

Northern Yaker
08-09-2015, 06:49 PM
You can't keep their limit if they don't have a fishing licence because they can't catch a fish to have a limit...
Would love to see the look on a CO's face while your trying to explain why one(or2)licenced angler(s)has 3 walleye in his or her possession.

FlyTheory
08-09-2015, 06:54 PM
I would call up F&W just to make sure!

MathewsArcher
08-09-2015, 07:19 PM
You can't keep their limit if they don't have a fishing licence because they can't catch a fish to have a limit...
Would love to see the look on a CO's face while your trying to explain why one(or2)licenced angler(s)has 3 walleye in his or her possession.

Under 16 do not require a licence and are still legally allowed to angle and possess fish subject to provincial possession limits. Feel free to contact a office of Environment and Parks or an officer to confirm.

This is not the case in National Parks where the kids can fish but their fish form part of your limit if kept.

DiabeticKripple
08-09-2015, 07:25 PM

there could be one licensed fisherman, and 20 under/over age people, and you could keep 21 fish.

but only you can catch your own limit. so if they didnt catch any keepers, but you caught 3, you can still only keep one.

JohninAB
08-09-2015, 07:28 PM

Not correct at all.

Under 16 do not require a licence and are still legally allowed to angle and possess fish subject to provincial possession limits. Feel free to contact a office of Environment and Parks or an officer to confirm.

This is not the case in National Parks where the kids can fish but their fish form part of your limit if kept.

This is correct.

CK Angler
08-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, phone died on the lake so didn't chance it, 5 in the boat, 3 license's, 2 under 16, kept a limit of three. I read the regs anytime going to a new lake (first time @ lesser) always fish within the law, but I don't have kids yet, so wasn't sure on that one. coulda kept a limit of 5, but again, didn't wanna risk it being unsure.

Fishing was pretty good, hanging out with the gf's family, rented a boat from shaw point, no depth finder so we winged it, still managed to catch 20 + Walters.

Cheers

CK Angler
08-09-2015, 08:39 PM
And FYI, yes the girls had lines in the water and caught legal keepers that we released.

waterninja
08-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Congrats on a nice day of fishing. Sounds like you had fun.