PDA

View Full Version : pal application

pal application
02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
How long does a person have to send in his Pal application before he has to redo the test/course??? I have done the test/course but I think, and have heard that it must be sent in with in a certain time otherwise you have to redo the course. Thanks in advance.

lilsundance
02-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I waited about 10 years before I sent in my paper work for my pal. I waited because I didn't have the money for the pal so only got my pol after my fac expired. I havent heard of them putting a time limit on how long the course is good for.

Dick284
02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
The test is supposed to be good for life, or until the next encarnation of a circus starts up complements of the gun grabbing Lieberal's

Re: pal application
02-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Thanks guys, I guess I'll still try to send the paperwork in.

RealSportsman
03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
UMMM Thats False I Took mine here awhile back in like november you have 2 years i sent an email.and they got back to me and its 2 years

lilsundance
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
realsportsman, I took my test in 94 -95. at that time they had both the restricted and non restricted courses togeather. I sent my paperwork in for my pal in fall of 2005. Maybe they changed things with out making it public, I am not sure, but the test is supposed to be a one time deal. Therefore I would assume that they don't have a deadline on sending in the paperwork. But like I said, they may have changed it.

WCTHEMI
03-25-2007, 07:34 AM
I also took my course in the mid 90's as well, just sent my application off last year and had no issues.

Re: pal application
04-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I phoned beforehand and then went to the CFO's office downtown and they tried to arrest me, JUST KIDDING. They actually said that you only have to write the firearms course once and that the paperwork can still be sent and I will get my license. They said the only way it may need rewriting is if it is sometime over ten years and still then most times it should still not be a problem. They were very helpfull, they will take your picture to fit the size requirements, if you need one, they will look over your application to make sure all the boxes are filled in correctly and make sure it is completed so that there will be no delays. They also mentioned to photocopy the paperwork and send that in and keep the originals for your own records. All in all I say a 10/10 for the women and men at the Edmonton CFO's office.