PDA

View Full Version : Mayatan Lake

MissB
08-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Hey,
Not asking for any tips or secret spots, just curious if anyone has been out to Mayatan this year?

Astrocyte
08-14-2015, 07:24 AM
Also curious if anyone has been out there.

crownb
08-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Sadly Mayatan has winter killed quite badly the last two years, it was a great little lake to take the kids out and hammer some 7 inch perch. Plus being surrounded by trees and in a hole you could always find a spot without wind.

pipco
08-14-2015, 10:40 AM
After taking the flyrods out for a few pike there over the past several years and always getting into some fish, we tried last year and saw no signs of any fish life, so I'd concur with the winterkill.

Strange, considering how deep the lake is in some spots. A nice sheltered lake as pointed out in other post.

I hope it rebounds quickly.

RavYak
08-14-2015, 06:31 PM
After taking the flyrods out for a few pike there over the past several years and always getting into some fish, we tried last year and saw no signs of any fish life, so I'd concur with the winterkill.

Strange, considering how deep the lake is in some spots. A nice sheltered lake as pointed out in other post.

I hope it rebounds quickly.

The only thing I can think of is that it dies off at times due to the other side which is quite shallow and gets rather disgusting in the summer.

Astrocyte
08-14-2015, 08:49 PM
I really hope it comes back. If it's been dead for a few years maybe now it can show some bounceback. Maybe I will convince my dad to go out with me in the winter to check it out.

Does anyone know how the lakes around Mayatan are? Do you think they would be similar to the way Mayatan was?