PDA

View Full Version : SAWT 2009 Tourny Dates Set

Fish Feathers Game
01-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi all, after trying to secure the dates for the 2009 SAWT tournament dates this year ( the boss wanted to know which weekends I wanted off!), they are as follows:
Tourney #1 - May 9, 10 @ Chin Res
Tourney #2 - May 30, 31 @ Milk River Ridge Res
Tourney #3 - June 13, 14 @ Travers Res
Tourney #4 - June 27, 28 @ Chin Res

It will be great to get the "big white sea nymph" out again! Hope to see some of you out there!

npauls
01-21-2009, 06:25 PM
I am so fired up and can't wait to get out on the trail again this year. Never a bad weekend when its spent with a bunch of other people that just want to hang out and hunt down monster walleyes.

nate

Waxy
01-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Wow, May 9, that is EARLY. I'm really suprised at that. No concerns about disturbing the fish during spawning?

The season isn't even open in SK that early.

Waxy

Fish Feathers Game
01-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Waxy, don't forget that this reservoir is in the south with an east west lay out that usually is ice off early and by that time of year the spawing is almost always done! I have caught some males still milking by then then, but all the females will be in recovery mode if its a normal spring. Could be a tough bite for the big HAWGS! The whole idea of the trail is to be done before summer so we do not unnecessarily stress the fish in livewells with a different surface water temp than that of where they are caught. Its way better for the fish in cooler water and air temps for survival.

Mulestalker
05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
FFG, just wondering how you made out at Chin?
My partner and I were also there as this was are second year at Chin. The bite was slow with the big girls playing hard to get but we managed a second day pay out and a 11th place finish on the 2 days .
Great to see a full field of boats out,I sure liked the 3 flights as it made for allot less headaches at the boat launch...man that has to be the worst part of these Tourney's:lol: