PDA

View Full Version : Question a/b hunting if your from a different Prov.

J Vokey
01-08-2007, 01:20 PM
How hard is it to transfer your your hunting papers. I know the Pal is federal but what about all the other paper wk. if your form another prov Such as NL... I am about to go through this.... Any insight would be great.

lilsundance
01-08-2007, 04:20 PM
When you get to Alberta go to any license vendor and fill out the forms for your W.I.N. ( Wildlife Identification Number). This will allow you to purchase fishing and hunting licenses here in Alberta. When filling out the forms make sure you check hunting off, otherwise it will be valid for fishing licenses only. You are then good to go.

Northern Hunting Mom
02-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I just found out that I do have to go through a waiting period before I am considered a resident hunter in Alberta. Better news than finding out my natural gas will be $35/mo. I did a jig in the kitchen and darn near danced naked in the back yard saying "OOOGY OOOGY OOOGY"

Mkae sure you keep your license from your previous province to avoid having to take another hunting course.

Hunting
02-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Mkae sure you keep your license from your previous province to avoid having to take another hunting course. Very good advice
I just found out that I do have to go through a waiting period before I am considered a residentIts 6 months or a year .????? Cant remember its friday night.

Northern Hunting Mom
02-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Oops, fingers had a bit too much wine.......... There is absolutely NO waiting period. Show that you have an Alberta driver's license, cheque stub or utility bill in your name and you're good to go.

Might help ?
02-17-2007, 08:29 AM
{Non-resident (Canadian) - a person who is not a Resident (see below), but who makes his or her home and is ordinarily present in Canada, and who has lived in Canada for the 12-month period immediately preceding the relevant date.

Resident - a person who either

has his or her only or primary residence in Alberta and
is a Canadian citizen or is admitted to permanent residence in Canada, or
has lived in Canada for the 12-month period immediately preceding the relevant date; or
is on full-time service with the Armed Forces of Canada and would, if an election were held under the Elections Act (Canada), be eligible to vote in Alberta under that Act.}

Northern Hunting Mom
02-17-2007, 12:38 PM
From the way I interpret that, a Canadian citizen moving to Alberta does not need to wait 12 months. The only one who has to wait 12 months would be someone from another country.

I phoned SRD in Edmonton and asked if a waiting period is needed. He sounded like I was on glue, "No, is there one where you are?" He told me that once you're moved and can show it with a driver's license or health card or utility bill then you don't have to wait.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
if there isnt any rule or law that is the biggest bs ever anyone wanting to hunt from a diffrent prov could set up a fake adress friend ,etc. Hunt and move on SOUNDS LIKE A LOOP HOLE .?????

Northern Hunting Mom
02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
That's why they want a driver's license and/or utility bill. I will probably have to show a SIN, passport or proof of citizenship as well.

And no, I'm not intending on scamming the system. I can see where some might be tempted to but I think those people would more often be from out of country. Yeah, yeah, ID is easy to fake but the way the law is now, it won't stop the dickweeds anyway.

Yes, my husband and I intend to get a resident WIN, certificate and licenses but i wouldn't worry too much about the game pops, we're not that good.:rollin

Just telling what the SRD told me and it looks like this guy is moving permanent like. I think I would prefer to see a 3 month waiting period. When you get your Alberta health card, (which you have to pay for so it should keep most scammers away) then you can get your resident WIN/certs etc. The influx of people into Alberta right now may be problematic. Until the law is changed, I will use it. Call me whatever you want, I've been called worse by better.:hat
(Do I need to make it clear that last part was a joke?)

Ice Fishing Maniac
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I know of people that tried this in the Yukon. At that time you only had to prove a mailing address. They got caught a couple of years later since they did not reside and have a Yukon DL.