PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for walleye and jack fish in B.C

cschache
08-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Does anyone have any advice on lakes in B.C that have walleye and jack fish? I am looking for a lake/lakes that I and 3-5 others can rent a cabin and boats or lodge type arrangement, something that we can either drive to or fly into for a trip in spring of 2016. I have searched and have not really found anything but if some of you have experienced this or can give me some advice on where to do some research id appreciate it! reason for B.C is that the other guys are from there and have not did much fishing before, if all fails then I may have to get them to travel to Alberta!! :argue2:

Brandonkop
08-15-2015, 07:20 PM
BC usually isn't where a person goes for pike and walleye. The columbia river near trail and castlegar has loads of walleye and some monster pike. No limit on pike they want to eradicate them and walleye limit is 8. Swan lake is supposed to be good for pike and walleye as well. Most of the pike and walleye lakes are in the North East part of the province. Peace country. Good luck. If I were you I'd go to alberta or saskatchewan if you're just looking to catch lots of fish.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/swan_lk/

waterninja
08-15-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure what is more unussual. A person from alberta wanting to go to BC for pike and walleye, or someone who has been on this forum for 6 years and having only 1 post.
Anyways, you might want to try for some great trout or salmon if your going to BC.

67ZL1
08-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Charlie Lake near Fort St. John has decent walleye fishing in it.

THEREAPER
08-15-2015, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have any advice on lakes in B.C that have walleye and jack fish? I am looking for a lake/lakes that I and 3-5 others can rent a cabin and boats or lodge type arrangement, something that we can either drive to or fly into for a trip in spring of 2016. I have searched and have not really found anything but if some of you have experienced this or can give me some advice on where to do some research id appreciate it! reason for B.C is that the other guys are from there and have not did much fishing before, if all fails then I may have to get them to travel to Alberta!! :argue2:

Muncho lake lodge, its far but worth it. Urst has a few lakes with trophy walleye and pike.

Cheers

cschache
08-16-2015, 12:02 AM
thanks for your replies! I will check into the suggestions all of you have made!
The guys wanting to go are from B.C and are new fishermen that may not be able to afford coming to Alberta as easy as I could travel to other provinces so I am only collecting info and costs for the group. No judgment here! Thanks again.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

spinN'flyfish
08-16-2015, 12:12 AM
BC usually isn't where a person goes for pike and walleye. The columbia river near trail and castlegar has loads of walleye and some monster pike. No limit on pike they want to eradicate them and walleye limit is 8. Swan lake is supposed to be good for pike and walleye as well. Most of the pike and walleye lakes are in the North East part of the province. Peace country. Good luck. If I were you I'd go to alberta or saskatchewan if you're just looking to catch lots of fish.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/swan_lk/

x2 Tasty walleye in the columbia with a generous limit

just a newbie
08-16-2015, 12:33 PM
JacK fish lake near chetwynd is pretty good for pike, and 2nd on Charlie for walleye

Bjay
08-17-2015, 11:10 AM
You MAY get walley if you have a guide. The walley are in short supply and are cought buy by the very few who know exactly were to go. Plus the river is in high flood condition. You will also need a boat if you really want to fish the river,it is big and intimidating. If you really want to come, bring money, as we take ALBERTA BUCKS AT PAR
Columbia River Old Guy