PDA

View Full Version : Fraser river sturgeon

Andrew_Arsenault
08-20-2015, 11:01 PM
I have been working in Mission for the past two weeks, and have been fishing every day after work. After trying a few spots and different baits I finally managed to get one into shore. Im not new to sturgeon fishing, but it's always a bonus to add another species to the count. We also had some good pink fishing in squamish over the weekend. Best of luck to everyone!

Fishslayer99
08-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Good for you for the persistence, from what I have heard the shore fishing is tricky around there. Its all worth it when you get one on the line, I love the battle those sturgeon give! congrats on a very nice fish!

joshtar
08-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Sweet! Have to love that genuine smile! Congrats from a fellow fraser shore fisherman. Just a warning though, you'll be remembering that fish in your dreams until the next one.

elkdump
08-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Stop fishing near the Mission Highway and Railroad bridges and move upstream about 5 klms on the south side of the River, that is where you may hook up with a 3 or 4 hundred pounder or even bigger if you got the rigging to bring him in,

We used to catch those using a whole fresh chicken for bait :)

davegrant
08-22-2015, 05:39 PM
south shore upstream is bang on and 1/3 of an eel hooked straight on shank of hook never fail as bait. They are close to shore there don't have to cast far.