PDA

View Full Version : Importing a rifle barrel

Ray
10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
I have a Remington 870 12 ga shotgun in left hand. I would like t get a slug barrel, but cannot locate one in Canada. I found one in the US. Does anyone know the rules for importing a barrel only?

p.s. My shotgun is registered.

Thanks

osterb
10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
www.canadiangunnutz.com

Buy from Canada

Craftyhunter
10-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't know where you live but here in Edm I know you can get barrels for 870's with wholesale sports (sorry BB it had to be done). I bought an 870 with the rifled barrel and was told I can get a smooth bore at the store so they must have rifled barrels as well.

Ray
10-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Thank you for the replies.

Does the Edmonton wholesale have it in left hand. They don't have it on their website. No one in Calgary carries them, and Remington doesn't manufacture them anymore.

Craftyhunter
10-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I don't know but call me stupid, I guess I don't know enough but is there a difference in the barrel between right and left hand guns?

I assumed that the action was all that was really different between the two. I know on my 870 the barrel interchanges with nothing to do with the action. When I look at my rifled barrel removed from the rest of the gun I don't see anything that would constitute a right hand barrel?

osterb
10-05-2006, 05:45 AM
The barrel would be the same. There's no extractor slot in it.

Ray
10-05-2006, 08:19 AM
At first I thought they would be the same but, they are not. The barrels have a notch where they meet the action. The notch is on different sides for the right and left hand barrels.

Does anyone have any experience in importing gun parts?

Thanks

Wild Bounty
10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I have a site address thats says it will ship guns to Canada, this is the first I've heard of but if you go to their site, you will see that it does say they can do it. It's called "Buds Gun Shop" :D

Ray
10-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks.

I'll check it out

Wild Bounty
10-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Any luck with Bud? Let us know if they're the real deal.:)

Northern Hunting Mom
02-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I know this is an old thread but it is useful info to have.

I recently imported a rifle scope from the States and you have to go through the same hoops for gun parts

Go here to find out the info for what you want to do, download the appropriate .pdf file form and send it away. I was able to fax it to them and have them fax the International Import Certificate directly to the store in the States so they could apply for an import license from their end quicker.
International Importing (http://www.international.gc.ca/eicb/military/faq-en.asp#4)