PDA

View Full Version : Calling or slave lake?

RigPig
08-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Loading the boat tonight and taking the kids for the day. Looking to keep some walleye. I am thinking calling but would like to know how the water is and if the fish are biting.
Thanks in advance

Talking moose
08-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Myself, I usually do better numbers wise at slave.(kids can catch a ton)... I don't catch as many at calling but the quality(size) is a little better. Haven't been to either yet this year though......

Kurt505
08-27-2015, 03:49 PM
My son went to calling with my Dad yesterday, 2 walleye one pike. Neither walleye was a keeper. Said fishing was really slow there.

RigPig
08-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Any one else have anything to add about calling. Blue green algae ? Slave is always the same.

bigrfish
08-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Coin toss...Both are great fisheries...Calling is very low on the water level this year...Slave too...but Calling is not near as big and tends to get soupy.
I've been to both recently and like another poster said...Calling is quality and Slave is quantity....Slow it right down and you will catch at both
Let us know how ya did and where ya ended up...Cheers

curtz
08-27-2015, 08:43 PM
We were at Calling last weekend, with the wind we didn't get much fishing in. When we did get out the water was ok but the fishing was slow. The park warden said that people weren't catching to much, probably better of at Slave.

RigPig
08-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Off to calling in the am. I will let you know how it went.

RigPig
08-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Well hit the lake bright and early. Had the boat on the water by noon and had are limit in 1 hour. All fat healthy barely under 55 walleye. Fish were all caught trolling in 20 ft of water. Water is low at the boat launch and still doable with a bigger boat if you go to the south launch. Great day with the wife and kids. Talked to a few people on the lake who were comenting it was slow but I think most prople were jigging.

bigrfish
08-28-2015, 11:30 PM
Great to hear man...Calling never lets me down either. Nice to have a good day out with the family eh...Cheers

fishnfoo
10-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Well hit the lake bright and early. Had the boat on the water by noon and had are limit in 1 hour. All fat healthy barely under 55 walleye. Fish were all caught trolling in 20 ft of water. Water is low at the boat launch and still doable with a bigger boat if you go to the south launch. Great day with the wife and kids. Talked to a few people on the lake who were comenting it was slow but I think most prople were jigging.

Were you bottom bouncing?

RigPig
10-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Yes 3 ounce BB pulling homemade worm harness. Leaches and worms but didn't notice one being better than the other