PDA

View Full Version : Got a 14ft-16ft fishing boat? Want to make money? :)

timsesink
08-31-2015, 12:44 PM
Hey Guys
An elderly couple and their two grown kids approached me at church yesterday wanting to know if I could take them out fishing on September 26th. I have fished almost all my life and have driven boats lots (Yes I have my license :) ) but now fish from a canoe as I love the tranquility and simplicity. That being said having 4 seniors in a canoe could prove to much fun for their (and my) own good.

Would anyone in the Edmonton area have a 14-16ft aluminum with nothing fancy that you would be willing to rent? I'd treat it like gold, leave a $500 cash deposit and pay up to $125 for the full day. Please PM me.

Lake used at would probably be Battle Lake.

EZM
08-31-2015, 01:31 PM
http://www.splashboatrentals.ca/rentals.html

Want to rent a boat? No problem ...... go get a boat rental .....

Sooner
08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
FYI: I lent Timesink two power augers last year for his church derby. Came back on time and as good as they left. Boats are a bit more invested but good guy if your thinking about lending your boat.

timsesink
08-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Thanks Sooner!

As for that rental place the price they want is beyond ridiculous. For two weekends you could just buy the boat! I just thought there might be a boat laying around wanting to make a little money. :)

binnzer32
09-01-2015, 09:43 AM
If it wasn't a Friday I would gladly join you and you could use my boat while I replaced the bunks and carpets and a few rollers on my trailer. If you can make a Sunday work could probably help you out. Unfortunately I work 6 days a week.

timsesink
09-01-2015, 11:31 AM
PM Sent! Day is flexible :)

EZM
09-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Thanks Sooner!

As for that rental place the price they want is beyond ridiculous. For two weekends you could just buy the boat! I just thought there might be a boat laying around wanting to make a little money. :)

I didn't even look .... wowzers .... 700 bucks for the weekend for a fishing boat.

Ouch.

timsesink
09-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Just got a 14ft aluminum fixer upper. trailer and a 1984 20hp Evinrude all for $800. It should do nicely. :)

schmedlap
09-02-2015, 07:05 PM
as you are not planning to put more than 4 people total in it, and even then, are not planning to go out on anything bigger than a small lake. Make a will, if not already done, before you do anything beyond that.

ETOWNCANUCK
09-02-2015, 08:09 PM
I didn't even look .... wowzers .... 700 bucks for the weekend for a fishing boat.

Ouch.

And that's not counting the $2500 deposit

timsesink
09-02-2015, 09:37 PM
as you are not planning to put more than 4 people total in it, and even then, are not planning to go out on anything bigger than a small lake. Make a will, if not already done, before you do anything beyond that.

Ummm, OK? Not quite sure what you're getting at but I'm quite experienced on water and am fully aware of the boats limitations. :)

brohymn2
09-03-2015, 05:22 AM
Your right the kraken might get them

PlatinumBarMan
09-03-2015, 05:56 AM
I have a 16' aluminum but it's not all that comfortable for that many seniors. I also have a 30' pontoon boat rated for 14 people.. might be able to help you out. Has a built in bbq so you could bbq lunch or snacks while on the water, and has a semi private restroom in the change room. Let me know if you're interested

PlatinumBarMan
09-03-2015, 07:41 AM
No charge but I might join you for part of the day lol. Might just ask you pitch in a few bucks to cover fuel costs

timsesink
09-03-2015, 11:14 AM
I have a 16' aluminum but it's not all that comfortable for that many seniors. I also have a 30' pontoon boat rated for 14 people.. might be able to help you out. Has a built in bbq so you could bbq lunch or snacks while on the water, and has a semi private restroom in the change room. Let me know if you're interested

That would be incredible, that sounds like a heck of a boat. And yes of course fuel would be covered. I'll shoot you a PM. There are 8 of them now, I was going to do shifts in the 14ft with 3 each times but if it did work out your boat would be unreal!