PDA

View Full Version : Fish lake

gui
09-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, Monday I'm going to fish lake near nordegg cuz my dispatcher showed me pic of what he caught there n wow. So just wondering if it's acutually a good lake to fish of shore. I don't wanna drive 2 hours for nothing. Thanks

-JR-
09-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Very weedy around the shore. fished it many years ago and the local hatchery dumped some of their brewing stock fish in their .They were like 3 x the size of the normal fish they normally throw in .

FlyTheory
09-04-2015, 10:53 PM
I've fished Fish Lake countless times every summer for the last 12 years. In the early season it's very good as all the fish are there and hungry. After about August most of the fish have been caught and bonked, but there are still some. People do very well just after dark with powerbait on a bait rig for the brooders. Good luck, there are some large brooders dumped in there :burp:

TROLLER
09-05-2015, 08:49 AM
If you do catch a brooder beware that they are not that good an eating fish. Very soft and mushy like.

Buddy of mine continues to catch and keep em but he marinates them in milk in the fridge over night and claims they are good to go.

Mitchthefisher
09-05-2015, 08:59 AM
There are no big fish in there and the fishing is very slow.:thinking-006:

Rockyman41
09-05-2015, 09:22 AM
If you do catch a brooder beware that they are not that good an eating fish. Very soft and mushy like.

Buddy of mine continues to catch and keep em but he marinates them in milk in the fridge over night and claims they are good to go.

I took a 9lb brooder out of fish a few years back. Even marinating it and baking it with lemon rice couldn't make it edible. It tasted like dirty sawdust.

Next time I kept the pan sized fish and threw the big ones back

gui
09-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks ya'll ill head there tomorrow I hope it's worth it n if it is good I will prolly try ice fishing there.