PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau Reservoir & Canal

embury93
09-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Im thinking of going here after the long weekend, never been before but looking for any advice where might be able to find some big pike and perhaps the odd walleye fishing from shore.

PlatinumBarMan
09-05-2015, 08:52 AM
The odd pike in the canal, mostly not what I'd consider big. The res is extremely difficult to fish even with a boat. Wish you luck man

Bushrat
09-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Never heard of walleye there. Don't know why, there should be..

Red Bullets
09-05-2015, 10:09 AM
If you have a boat on the lower reservoir (east end),below the canal, along the south side of the res there is lots of standing dead trees in the water. In front of them used to be good for bigger pike. Best tasting pike I ever ate came out of Brazeau.

RigPig
09-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Having spent a lot of time working around there the last few years I would not waste my time unless you are going more for the qauding and camping. If you are set on going I have have had more luck fishing the powerhouse for trout and the pembina for walleye. i have only ever caught tiny jacks fishing the Braz.
Good luck and report back.

PlatinumBarMan
09-05-2015, 01:20 PM
I caught one decent pike about 8 lbs up at the top of the hill at the end of the canal where the outflow is. There's some big rocks on the edge there the bigger pike seem to hang out in