PDA

View Full Version : Pembina river

Asillywalrus
09-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Does anyone have any information on the Pembina river close to Edmonton? Where to go and what to use? I'm looking to get out a few more times this year. I have no way to get onto the water, so i can only go from shore. Also if you have any other suggestions for places close to Edmonton to try, i'd be happy to try.

Thanks for the help.

Talking moose
09-10-2015, 05:41 PM
By Entwhistle. Pembina provincial park. Cast across the river into the mouth of the Lobstick river. Caught some nice walleye doing just that. Might have to wade in up to your knees. Waters nice.

Asillywalrus
09-10-2015, 08:03 PM
What would you suggest using? Pickerel rig with worms, or minnows? Jig head with a swim bait? Floater rig?

Talking moose
09-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Should be pretty clear so a jig or Rapala would work. About 3 years ago my ex'es son pulled a 30 inch walleye from there.

embury93
09-10-2015, 10:59 PM
@Talking Moose
Does the average walleye at prov. park have any size to them, like would it be easy to get my daily limit. Contemplating coming down from Barrhead on the weekend as its started slowing down up here.

buckmaster
09-10-2015, 11:38 PM
@Talking Moose
Does the average walleye at prov. park have any size to them, like would it be easy to get my daily limit. Contemplating coming down from Barrhead on the weekend as its started slowing down up here.

I fish the prov park several times a year and only caught a few keepers. They are in there but not much for size or keepers.

Talking moose
09-10-2015, 11:46 PM
@Talking Moose

I would guess the average size around Entwhistle would be similar to Barrhead. Mixed bag.

embury93
09-11-2015, 11:39 PM
So I think I have it figured out where I'll have to park to fish at the campground or down by the bridge but how do you get to the other side of the river at the mouth of the lobstick.

Talking moose
09-12-2015, 12:11 AM
So I think I have it figured out where I'll have to park to fish at the campground or down by the bridge but how do you get to the other side of the river at the mouth of the lobstick.

You can walk out in the river and cast across right into the Lobstick

embury93
09-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Caught a couple decent size walleye closer to Barrhead today, kept this one though for supper.

crblair
09-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Talking Moose has it bang on. I've had lots of luck at the provincial park over the years. Caught them as big as 7lbs. Use a floating rapala with a shallow diver. If they're there it won't take more than 20 casts and you'll be in luck. I've also caught them on pickerel rigs but find them to be smaller in size when I've caught them this way. In general you need to catch 10 before you'll manage one over 50cm. The water is really low this year and fall is the best time to catch them

Good Luck!

Pembina
09-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Don't use any expensive lures in that spot, lots of rocks to snag on. Jig head tipped with rubber tail is best.

Asillywalrus
09-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Thanks for all the help. Hopefully i'll get a chance to head out there soon.