PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Tips for Crawling Valley Reservoir

FishingWithMelissa
09-11-2015, 10:47 AM
We're heading out to fish at Crawling Valley Reservoir tomorrow. It'll be our first time at this location and it'd be great receiving any tips or hotspots.

We're planning on shorefishing using jigs and frozen minnows.

Thanks!

Superfisher
09-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Well I know some fish speices of the place and... JIGS AND MINNOWS WORK GREAT FOR ANY LARGER GAME FISH!!❗️
Well the fish in that lake is walleye, northern pike, burbot, lake white fish and yellow perch.
Good luck there!

+ I have never been there so that's all I have to say about it???again good luck for tomorrow.

pinelakeperch
09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
We're heading out to fish at Crawling Valley Reservoir tomorrow. It'll be our first time at this location and it'd be great receiving any tips or hotspots.

We're planning on shorefishing using jigs and frozen minnows.

Thanks!

Sending you a PM.

AdverseCity
09-11-2015, 01:25 PM
I was there with the boat 2 weeks ago but it was really windy. We only went a couple hundred yards from the boat launch and still caught walleye and pike all day. Shore fishing should be fine too. Use a jig and minnow but make sure to add a stinger hook, it'll increase your catch rate substantially.

FishingWithMelissa
09-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks so much! This is great.
Sending you a PM.

FishingWithMelissa
09-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Thank you! Did you use anything other than minnows?
I was there with the boat 2 weeks ago but it was really windy. We only went a couple hundred yards from the boat launch and still caught walleye and pike all day. Shore fishing should be fine too. Use a jig and minnow but make sure to add a stinger hook, it'll increase your catch rate substantially.

LutherDLG
09-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Spent a few hours fishing from shore there a couple weekends ago right near the dam. Used mainly P-rigs and jigs with frozen minnows and landed 10-15 walleye. Was a little slow at times, but a couple of them were 3-4 pounds.

Good luck!

AdverseCity
09-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Thank you! Did you use anything other than minnows?

Not that day but I've found worms or leeches work just as well. With those darker baits I use a flasher jig (still with a stinger hook) to increase visibility.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/files/2011/06/img1-INFS-110024-SPINNR-03.jpg