View Full Version : 2 Old Guys and a Perfect Day

Speckle55
09-12-2015, 10:07 AM
+25 weather:sHa_shakeshout:

23 Cutthroats 22 released to 17 1/4 inches:test:

10 Dark Grouse saw 21

From the driving down to Muskiki while grouse hunting

To the fly rod fishing Cutthroats

with a beautiful fall day and all the colors(burning bush)

2 Old Guys having Fun(coachman)

Wow no stress today..lol:stressed:

got to Love:love:

Fins and Feathers :character0053::character0110:

enjoy

David:)
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1436_zps2ge197z6.jpg
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1436_zps2ge197z6.jpg
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1450_zpsvitttvhi.jpg
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1452_zps2nq8p05t.jpg
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/Dark%20Grouse_zpsgd9s0yze.jpg
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1463_zps7spjwbba.jpg

58thecat
09-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Wow eh and some say Alberta hunting is at a low:thinking-006:

Tall Texan
09-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Wow eh and some say Alberta hunting is at a low:thinking-006:It is. Just think how much better it would have been if it were brookies.

thumper
09-12-2015, 10:37 AM
And 'The burning bush' too !
Truly a day of biblical proportions !

waterninja
09-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Congrats another great day for you guys. Have to say that the grouse situation seems pretty scarce around the Edm. area.
I always get a kick out of that 30-50? magazine your sporting. If the grouse or rabbits ever decide to gang up and rush you, you'll be ready.

SNAPFisher
09-12-2015, 03:14 PM
It is. Just think how much better it would have been if it were brookies.

Give it a rest already! My advice, go catch a nice cutthroat and kiss it right in the rear end. Love it for what it is worth :fighting0030:

58thecat
09-12-2015, 03:47 PM
It is. Just think how much better it would have been if it were brookies.

Hunting Brookies and kissing cutthroats in the bum, I guess if it's legal and you got a liscence then have at it!
Gotta luv Alberta eh.:)

Tall Texan
09-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Give it a rest already! My advice, go catch a nice cutthroat and kiss it right in the rear end. Love it for what it is worth :fighting0030:

Advice from you is the last thing anyone needs. There isn't even an excuse now that the trout planted are all triploid. I and a lot of other people do not like to see the premier brookie lake ruined for absolutely nothing. I LOVED it for what it was worth which was ten fold what it is now.

I'm not into anal areas but I can see where you might be as warped as you are so you go ahead.

58thecat
09-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Congrats another great day for you guys. Have to say that the grouse situation seems pretty scarce around the Edm. area.
I always get a kick out of that 30-50? magazine your sporting. If the grouse or rabbits ever decide to gang up and rush you, you'll be ready.

25 round mag is standard issue now. I got two attached together for my ruger 10/22 gives me lots of shots and don't have to carry any in my pockets. Also if the buggers go crazy and charge at least I can lay down some covering fire as I tactically withdraw to the truck:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Speckle55
09-12-2015, 04:58 PM
lmao ...oooppps this pic should be #2 pic :computer-18:

thanks all

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1441_zpstazieyeo.jpg

Deep
09-12-2015, 05:27 PM
And this is why in my 61 years I love Alberta............

SNAPFisher
09-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Advice from you is the last thing anyone needs. There isn't even an excuse now that the trout planted are all triploid. I and a lot of other people do not like to see the premier brookie lake ruined for absolutely nothing. I LOVED it for what it was worth which was ten fold what it is now.

I'm not into anal areas but I can see where you might be as warped as you are so you go ahead.

Just get over it. This is your 4th, 5th post on the same subject and over top of someone else's fishing report. Stop the hijacking. Just enjoy a fishing report once in a while. Can you do that? Take your attitude to another post, start one yourself. You can bitch there until you are content. Leave other posts alone for what they are.

SNAPFisher
09-12-2015, 07:12 PM
lmao ...oooppps this pic should be #2 pic :computer-18:

thanks all

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Speckle55/2015%20July%20Fishing/IMG_1441_zpstazieyeo.jpg

Damn nice specimen Speckle. Nice to see that lake can still produce some bigger fish. Congrats.

Tall Texan
09-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Just get over it. This is your 4th, 5th post on the same subject and over top of someone else's fishing report. Stop the hijacking. Just enjoy a fishing report once in a while. Can you do that? Take your attitude to another post, start one yourself. You can bitch there until you are content. Leave other posts alone for what they are.I'm not hi jacking anything just commenting on something you don't happen to agree with. If you have something of substance which counters my opinion I'd be glad to hear it or better yet just ignore my position. Changing Muskiki was a bad bad decision and should have never been done. If you will notice I'm not commenting on the quality of your photography or personal love for cutthroats, just that in my opinion it should have never been done and detailed reasons.

If you give a glowing report on anything do you just expect everyone to agree with you? Can you not offer an opinion on this forum? In the future mark your posts "praise only"!

SNAPFisher
09-12-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm not hi jacking anything just commenting on something you don't happen to agree with. If you have something of substance which counters my opinion I'd be glad to hear it or better yet just ignore my position. Changing Muskiki was a bad bad decision and should have never been done. If you will notice I'm not commenting on the quality of your photography or personal love for cutthroats, just that in my opinion it should have never been done and detailed reasons.

If you give a glowing report on anything do you just expect everyone to agree with you? Can you not offer an opinion on this forum? In the future mark your posts "praise only"!

Thanks for proving my point and then underscoring it. You make this too easy. Look at yourself in a mirror and yell at the reflection. That is the only way you're going to win an argument.....maybe

burbotman
09-12-2015, 11:07 PM
What a fantastic looking day. On behalf of every one stuck working today, thanks for sharing!

bessiedog
09-13-2015, 08:14 AM
David

Your posts are some of the best on this board.

Looks like a great day!

Keep it up!

Donkey Oatey
09-13-2015, 08:41 AM
Ignore the peanut gallery.

Thanks for sharing your experiences in the best province in the best country.

Love the photos.

Was out myself yesterday scouting, saw a couple does but too hot for grouse. Getting the itch big time.

Thanks Speckle

coachman
09-13-2015, 09:02 AM
I would like to thank Karl or George or which ever biologist had the foresight to stock the Cutties in this lake. I'm quite sure that 2 guys from Edmonton and the guy from Red Deer that were fishing that day would think it was a good idea also. Anyone who would spend 4 hours driving, just to fish for a day, is obviously appreciative. I haven't had fishing like this in Alberta in a very long time. The only place that even remotely compared was Job Lake back in the 80's or Kinky Lake when they had the greylings stocked in it. The fishing was so good that the guy from Red Deer was leave at 2:30 because he was tired of catching fish. The only thing missing is the size, for some reason the large fish have not been there for 2 or 3 years. It would be nice to be able to catch 5 or 6 pound fish once in a while instead of cookie cutter fish (All the same shape and size).

claystone
09-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Good job guys, looks like a fine fun day. :sHa_shakeshout:

Tall Texan
09-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Thanks for proving my point and then underscoring it. You make this too easy. Look at yourself in a mirror and yell at the reflection. That is the only way you're going to win an argument.....maybe The only reason for being as defensive as you are is because you know it's controversial. I am not being argumentative, only stating my opinion and if anyone wants to dispute my opinion or discuss facts I would be glad to.

The decision to kill off all the brookies was not done through forsight but is part of the greatly exaggerated scam they are partly responsible for plummeting bull trout numbers. I doubt Carl Hunt would ever endorse ruining Muskiki. The "cookie cutter" trout are because it is now a put and take lake which is not as well suited to cutthroat as it was brookies. Brookies could reproduce minimally and are more pisivorous neither of which cutthroats are. The lake was simply better suited for brookies. I've fished Job lake and it was better suited to cutthroats except they still were unable to recover when released. They were delicious.

MooseRiverTrapper
09-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Wow eh and some say Alberta hunting is at a low:thinking-006:

Your talking about getting a handful of chickens?

58thecat
09-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Your talking about getting a handful of chickens?

I wish, haven't hunted chickens in a few years now, might have too start again since I can't buy a archery moose tag anymore have to wait for a draw tag.:(
Got a beauty bull rooting around by my house oh well...did manage to have beer butt chicken last night though:sHa_shakeshout:

Fishslayer99
09-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Some fine looking trout there David, your pictures are always fantastic! cant agree with you more "got to love fins and feathers" priceless! thank you for sharing!