PDA

View Full Version : PAL Special conditions

duster243
09-15-2015, 06:01 PM
So I got my new PAL in the mail today from the RCMP and I got the "6 special conditions" added to my license. Awesome right?!?! Well not quite its on a piece of paper that I have to carry around with me. I thought the conditions go on the back of the card? I had an expired ATT I called them and they said they'd send me out a new card. I assumed it was going on the card. But nope still paperwork.

stubblejumper01
09-15-2015, 06:46 PM
I just went to the bank and got one of those sleeves for an ATM card and carry them both in there

duster243
09-15-2015, 07:08 PM
I just went to the bank and got one of those sleeves for an ATM card and carry them both in there

That's a good idea.

Au revoir, Gopher
09-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Hey duster, would you mind posting a pic of the special conditions?

ARG

duster243
09-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Hey duster, would you mind posting a pic of the special conditions?

ARG

Correction there's 5 conditions and 1 special condition. The special condition is the transporting after acquiring a firearm. All the conditions are what they have listed on this site. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/notice-avis-2015-09-eng.htm

Brad6510
09-17-2015, 07:52 AM
According to the lady I talked to on Wednesday with the CFP, as of September 2nd you are not required to carry the piece of paper as they are attached to your license and will come up if they check.

duster243
09-17-2015, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Brad6510;2968135]According to the lady I talked to on Wednesday with the CFP, as of September 2nd you are not required to carry the piece of paper as they are attached to your license and will come up if they check.[/QUOTE

The piece of paper I got with my new card said I must carry it with me at all times when I'm transporting my restricted firearms, in case an officer requests the information. After looking at conditions and all its long wording, I have no idea how they'd print it onto the back of the card.

qwert
09-17-2015, 10:39 AM
snip
All the conditions are what they have listed on this site. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/notice-avis-2015-09-eng.htm

ATTs become a condition of a licence for certain routine and lawful activities.

Q13: What do the changes to ATTs mean?

A13: As of September 2, 2015, individuals with restricted or prohibited firearms may be eligible to have conditions attached to a firearms licence for certain routine and lawful transportation purposes.
Q14: I have a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purpose of target practice. Will ATT conditions be attached to my firearms licence automatically?

A14: Yes. As of September 2, 2015, if you are licenced and possess a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purposes of target practice, you will obtain, as a condition of your licence, the activities listed below.

These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by the most direct route possible (where does it say this in Bill C-68 or Bill c-42?) for the specific indicated purposes.

Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited handguns (12(6.1) of the Firearms Act) possessed for the purpose of target practice to and from all shooting clubs and ranges approved under section 29 of the Firearms Act.
Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer of Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act or Part III of the Criminal Code.
Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
Transportation of newly acquired restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms from the place of acquisition to the licence holder's dwelling house or other place authorized by the CFO.

Q15: I do not have a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purpose of target practice. Will ATT conditions be attached to my firearms licence automatically?

A15: No. If you do not possess a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purposes of target practice as of September 2, 2015, you will not get the transportation purposes added as a condition to your firearms licence.

See next question for additional information.
Q16: When will the conditions be added to my licence, since I don't have a valid ATT for transport to and from a shooting club or range for the purpose of target practice?

A16: If you do not possess a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purposes of target practice, you will get the relevant transportation purposes added as a condition to your firearms licence when you:

acquire your first restricted firearm;
acquire additional restricted or prohibited firearms;
request a new ATT during valid period of licence;
request a replacement ATT during valid period of licence; or,
renew your firearms licence with restricted and/or prohibited privileges.

Once the conditions have been added to the firearms licence, you are no longer required to request additional ATTs unless it is for a purpose other than those that have been added as a condition to the licence.

Depending on the purpose for which you acquire firearms, you either get all six conditions added to your licence as a condition (if you have acquired your firearms for target shooting) or you get just five conditions, excluding transport to and from an approved range (if you have acquired your firearms for collection purposes).
Q17: I have a paper ATT. Is it still valid?

A17: Yes. Existing paper ATTs are still valid.
Q18: Since ATTs will be a condition on a licence, and I currently have a valid paper ATT, will I receive a new licence card to reflect these changes?

A18: No. Existing paper ATTs remain valid until expiry. In addition, as of September 2, 2015, if you are a licensed client possessing a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purposes of target practice, you have, as a condition on your licence, the six transportation conditions.
Q19: I don't have an ATT and would like to acquire one. What do I do?

A19: Call the CFP toll-free information line at 1-800-731-4000 to request an ATT.
Q20: Can an ATT that is "attached to" a firearms licence be revoked?

A20: Yes. CFOs still have the authority to revoke an ATT.
Q21: If I buy a restricted firearm for the first time after this change comes into force, will I be issued a new PAL card with the ATT conditions attached?

A21: Yes. Upon acquisition of your first restricted firearm, once a CFO confirms the acquisition purpose of the firearm, the CFP will issue you a new licence card indicating that special conditions are attached.
Q22: Once the ATT as a condition on the licence comes into force, will I receive all the conditions for transporting firearms on a piece of paper, as well as those same conditions being placed on my licence?

A22: If a licence card is reprinted as a result of the conditions being placed on the licence, you will receive a new licence card. On the card carrier (for the licence card) the normal standard conditions (i.e. that you must inform the CFO when you move or change your name) will be listed. The ATT conditions will also be listed on the card carrier under Special Conditions.

Seems like the CFO has decided to disregard at least the spirit of Bill C-42, and are attempting to require us to not only carry the new 'special conditions' but also to apply for an ATT before they are issued.

What has changed? and

Where is the 'common sense' Act?

Who is going to protect us from the over-reach of the RCMP?

Does Parliament or the RCMP make our laws?

And the real 'gun control' questions,
Will the CPC bring the RCMP & CFO back under the control of Parliament?
and protect us from their over-reach?
and prevent another High River or Slave Lake?

Have the Harper CPC fulfilled their promise to revoke the Bill C-68 Firearms Act?

Will the others be worse?

Can you hold your nose long enough to be a 15 second Tory and vote CPC?

They say a second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience,
I submit that voting is similar.

Good Luck, YMMV.

lead chucker
09-17-2015, 11:19 AM
I know this was a post in another thread but what is the deal with providing a range membership when renewing my restricted pal? Some guys say you don't have to have one.but when I renewed it the held up my application until I faxed it in. Are they just being *****s or is this law?

qwert
09-17-2015, 11:53 AM
I know this was a post in another thread but what is the deal with providing a range membership when renewing my restricted pal? Some guys say you don't have to have one.but when I renewed it the held up my application until I faxed it in. Are they just being *****s or is this law?

It is not required by the Firearms act.

duster243
09-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Seems like the CFO has decided to disregard at least the spirit of Bill C-42, and are attempting to require us to not only carry the new 'special conditions' but also to apply for an ATT before they are issued.

What has changed? and

Where is the 'common sense' Act?

Who is going to protect us from the over-reach of the RCMP?

Does Parliament or the RCMP make our laws?

And the real 'gun control' questions,
Will the CPC bring the RCMP & CFO back under the control of Parliament?
and protect us from their over-reach?
and prevent another High River or Slave Lake?

Have the Harper CPC fulfilled their promise to revoke the Bill C-68 Firearms Act?

Will the others be worse?

Can you hold your nose long enough to be a 15 second Tory and vote CPC?

They say a second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience,
I submit that voting is similar.

Good Luck, YMMV.

Looks like the RCMP makes the laws. It will be interesting to see what happens when the government tries to make decisions on what guns we can and can't have in this country. I bet the government will have a lot of beurocrats pushing back.

Brbpuppy
09-17-2015, 12:36 PM
I wonder if you still have to carry your registration with you..

Lefty-Canuck
09-17-2015, 02:43 PM
I wonder if you still have to carry your registration with you..

....for handguns (restricted) of course, long guns....no....it no longer exists.

LC

Brbpuppy
09-17-2015, 02:44 PM
....for handguns (restricted) of course, long guns....no....it no longer exists.

LC

Yea so there was pretty much no point to bill C-42 then...

Lefty-Canuck
09-17-2015, 02:44 PM
It is not required by the Firearms act.

Not required...but requested by Provincial CFO.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/lefty-canuck/IMG-20120203-00217.jpg (http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/lefty-canuck/media/IMG-20120203-00217.jpg.html)

LC

Lefty-Canuck
09-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Yea so there was pretty much no point to bill C-42 then...

Yup there was...read it and you will know what parts help us out a little bit.

LC

Brbpuppy
09-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Yup there was...read it and you will know what parts help us out a little bit.

LC

Well basically now you can bring your restricted firearm to any approved range, not just the one you are registered to. Also the fact that you can bring it to a certified gun-smith without needing a short-term ATT. But not really much else, you have to bring your registration with you, just not your ATT. But that doesn't really do much for you, you have to remember your papers anyway.

Lefty-Canuck
09-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Well basically now you can bring your restricted firearm to any approved range, not just the one you are registered to. Also the fact that you can bring it to a certified gun-smith without needing a short-term ATT. But not really much else, you have to bring your registration with you, just not your ATT. But that doesn't really do much for you, you have to remember your papers anyway.

Eventually when fully implemented the LTATT is tied to the RPAL, then no need for extra paperwork.

LC

qwert
09-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Not required...but requested by Provincial CFO.
photo snipped
LC

Thanks for posting the letter, I have never received one as I was warned here to include a copy with my renewal application. I was disappointed that my LTATT was not renewed automatically with my RPAL, and I needed to reapply for it, even though Bill C-42 had received final Royal assent, but before Sept 2.

Good Luck, YMMV.

duster243
09-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Eventually when fully implemented the LTATT is tied to the RPAL, then no need for extra paperwork.

LC

My LATT was expired ( I waited 3 months till this bill was implemented) and I called so I can transport my guns thinking they'd send me a new card with the conditions attached to the license so I don't need paperwork anymore and I didn't. I received an identical card to my old one with paperwork that I have to carry with me regarding my ATT. As far as I know this is fully implemented and the conditions will always be separate from your license.

duster243
09-17-2015, 03:41 PM

You also don't need to request a SATT when purchasing a firearm. I haven't bought one yet since I received my paperwork. Im curious to know if you can take it home the same day you purchase it or not, assuming it gets registered right then and there?

Brbpuppy
09-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Yea I am pretty sure it does, but you still need to wait forever for your registration certificate to take it to the range or whatever.

260 Rem
09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
FWIW. ... I raised the issue of the "extra paper" with the CPC candidate running in my constituency.... in person ... today

bat119
09-23-2015, 01:28 PM
C-42 doesn't change much in Lloydminster I'm on the Sask. side of the street. The Alberta border is 2 meters in front of Prophet rivers front door if I buy a handgun there I still need a short term ATT to transport home, the gun show is on the Alberta side now too. I can take my guns to a Saskatoon gunsmith or gun shows but I can't cross the street. common sense gun law?

benamen
09-23-2015, 01:43 PM
C-42 doesn't change much in Lloydminster I'm on the Sask. side of the street. The Alberta border is 2 meters in front of Prophet rivers front door if I buy a handgun there I still need a short term ATT to transport home, the gun show is on the Alberta side now too. I can take my guns to a Saskatoon gunsmith or gun shows but I can't cross the street. common sense gun law?

We are better off than the Albertans taking their restricted weapons to the gun range on the Saskatchewan side. I just reviewed my current ATT and it says transportation within Saskatchewan to approved ranges and transporting to international borders in Saskatchewan. Can't even take the weapons to a repair shop without a separate ATT. More restrictive than my previous ATT.