PDA

View Full Version : Black coating inside ice fishing tent

neilsledder
09-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I bought a new ice fishing tent last year, used it lots! But at the end of the year the black coating was starting to come off the inside of the tent. Do you gents know of a coating that a guy can use to touch up the inside of the tents? :)

Hunter Trav
09-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Try spraying it with that stuff they use to seal the screen door on the bottom of the boat...that would probably work...

spoons
09-24-2015, 12:43 AM
I would take it back to the store you bought it from. Most places are good for that kind of problem. Try another one and maybe the coating will stay on.

Kim473
09-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Try spraying it with that stuff they use to seal the screen door on the bottom of the boat...that would probably work...

I would try this stuff on a small part and see if it works. Flex seal I think is what it's called. Might not be flexable enough though.

Kokanee9
09-24-2015, 06:27 AM
I don't think I would do anything. That's just normal wear and tear.

It will still work fine without spraying anything on.

What are the advantages of having it totally black vs. little specks of light coming through the material? More light comes in from the floor than the material.

It's also possible that anything you spray on may react with the coating that's already on there.

PerchBuster
09-24-2015, 09:10 AM
You can get a black spray on rubber coating from canadian tire that works ok. Commonly used to spray rocker panels on vehicles etc.

waterninja
09-24-2015, 10:07 AM
I really doubt that you would be able to fold your tent back up properly if you used any of those rubber sprays on the inside of your tent, but I could be wrong. I also think that paint would just flake off after some use.

cube
09-24-2015, 11:45 AM
I bought a new ice fishing tent last year, used it lots! But at the end of the year the black coating was starting to come off the inside of the tent. Do you gents know of a coating that a guy can use to touch up the inside of the tents? :)

I would call the company service desk as they might replace it for you or they might tell you what they use to cover it with in the first place.

You could also call a different companies service line and ask they what they cover theirs with as they might use better stuff.

Good Luck to You.

Game Hunter
09-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Mine started doing that almost right away..
(Clam).
hasn't changed anything for me, fishing is all the same- mayerialistic really.Like water ninja said it might not fold as nice and cause other problems down the road.
Black rain flakes perhaps.

neilsledder
09-24-2015, 02:35 PM
I might try to give Eskimo a call and see. I bought it at the start of the year and never kept the recite. I was just hoping you guys had some type of trick to colour it back lol. Thanks for the advice.

RoosterRed
09-24-2015, 03:33 PM
I also have had this happen to my Eskimo QuickFlip3. I used a flexible bumper guard. It's the same thing as flexseal only a lot cheaper. It flipped and folded fine. Only problem was that it bled through the fabric. Kept the weather out and that's all that really matters anyways.

H380
09-25-2015, 05:42 PM
I might try to give Eskimo a call and see. I bought it at the start of the year and never kept the recite. I was just hoping you guys had some type of trick to colour it back lol. Thanks for the advice.

My house is doing the same thing . If you talk to them let us know what they said . I wouldnt be afraid to go with a light coat of flex seal , it fixed the awning of our camper after a hail storm .