PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Carson lately?

Bobby B.
09-25-2015, 09:27 AM
After a couple of outings fishing the NSR for walley and sturgeon, a buddy and I are ready for something different. Is the bite starting to pick up at Carson?

Bobby

Dragless
09-25-2015, 09:55 AM
the bite never stops at carson one of the most consistant fisheries around i troll flies and do really good all the time , for spin gear bait fishing is the way to go either shrimp or powerbait, goodluck and have fun

nhadevil
09-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Do you guys know how to troll effectively at Carson ? I tried couple times but no luck. I just switch to fly rod recently. No down rigger and I use electric motor. I saw people keep catching fish then I knew I must have done st wrong.

-JR-
09-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Five of Diamonds .

mudbug
09-25-2015, 05:24 PM
At Carson I've always had good luck using a willow leaf setup with a trout/dew worm on the hook :sHa_shakeshout:

Dragless
09-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Do you guys know how to troll effectively at Carson ? I tried couple times but no luck. I just switch to fly rod recently. No down rigger and I use electric motor. I saw people keep catching fish then I knew I must have done st wrong.

All you need is a regular floating line some leech or damsel patterns woolly buggers work awesome olive color in particular for Carson , add split shot on ur leader and experiment with different distances behind the boat until you find the "zone" this is known as flatline trolling and is deadly effective when fish are feeding in the shallows good luck

Kim473
09-30-2015, 06:14 AM
At Carson I've always had good luck using a willow leaf setup with a trout/dew worm on the hook :sHa_shakeshout:

Willow leaf with a fly about 6 ft behind it and a very slow troll is what I found worked for me.

mudbug
09-30-2015, 07:19 PM

Forgot to mention I place the hook about 18" to 24" back and troll slowly and just use a small piece of worm so the trout don't steal it easily :)

Deep
09-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Just spent a snowy windy 4 degree Sunday on Carson- the bead head green leech was working great.....damned cold hands, had to make a campfire to get warm again.

fishman
10-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Carson lake I don't ever remember getting skunked
I lived in whitecourt for 40 years started fishing it in
The 70s
If u want to catch bigger fish u got to go deep fish feed
90% of time subsurface
I fish with a sink 7 flyline. U can use a sink 4 to. 8# fluorocarbon tippet minimum
9 feet
Flys very
Green and black Woolley bugger is most consist fly
Fish r taking it as a dragon fly nymph. A minnow or
A leach
52 Buick tied the original way body is from muskrat
Belly or a beaver belly. It works in late May and early
June when damsel r hatching

Black leach works best early mornings late night low
Light conditions also while chroidmoids r hatching

Shrimp move to deep water when water gets warm
Best fished May/June. Sept/oct