PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell what rights a treaty card holder has?

openfire
09-29-2015, 03:25 PM
There is a young guy on my crew who wants to start hunting with me.
He is a native guy with no PAL, WIN or hunter education (AHEIA).
He asked me what he should do to get started, I told him PAL and that the AHEIA would be a good idea but not sure if he has to.

Can anyone tell me what his rights or so I can pass the info to him?

Also can treaty guys shoot rifles during archery season? I heard some gun shots this morning in 314, just curious.:thinking-006:

Thanks

Talking moose
09-29-2015, 03:26 PM
He asked me what he should do to get started, I told him PAL and that the AHEIA would be a good idea but not sure if he has to.

Also can treaty guys shoot rifles during archery season? I heard some gun shots this morning in 314, just curious.:thinking-006:

Thanks

Season is 365 days a year

rammer
09-29-2015, 03:30 PM
he doesn't need to worry about the PAL etc, the only thing he needs to do is load a gun and he's good to go. He can rifle hunt 365 anywhere. I hear fresh moose tastes amazing in June.

Battle Rat
09-29-2015, 03:32 PM
What rights?
Too many.

FCLightning
09-29-2015, 04:06 PM
he doesn't need to worry about the PAL etc, the only thing he needs to do is load a gun and he's good to go. He can rifle hunt 365 anywhere. I hear fresh moose tastes amazing in June.

Not quite. He will need permission if hunting on private land.

Sharpie
09-29-2015, 04:18 PM
I am far from a expert but if he is hunting with a regular, on treaty hunter like yourself, does he not have to follow all the same regualtions that we do?

Ranets
09-29-2015, 04:52 PM
What rights?
Too many.

X2

Red Bullets
09-29-2015, 04:56 PM
http://esrd.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/fishing-hunting-trapping/documents/HuntingByTreatyIndians-Jul2009.pdf

tchardy1972
09-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Pretty sure gun laws apply. Other than that....

coreya3212
09-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Pretty sure gun laws apply. Other than that....

Yes, I would think he requires a PAL.

openfire
09-29-2015, 05:55 PM
He needs a pal for sure, I don't know why you would say he doesn't.

bigbfidaddy
09-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Wa wa not all of us are a bunch of banshees. He needs his card a rifle and permission to land. Mentor him well because he better know all the laws and proper ethics to deal with the bigots he will run into and have to educate along the way.

Talking moose
09-29-2015, 06:13 PM
He needs a pal for sure, I don't know why you would say he doesn't.

No he don't. (Well not 100% on that but, I believe your http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/ab-au-eng.htm
Partially correct.

Hydro1
09-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Aboriginal Peoples of Canada Adaptations Regulations (Firearms)

Under Canada's*Firearms Act, everyone who possesses or acquires a firearm must have a firearms licence, and all restricted and prohibited firearms must be registered. While the*Firearms Act*applies to everyone in Canada, some provisions of the Act and of the*Firearms Licences Regulations*have been adapted for Aboriginal people who meet all three of the following criteria:

They must be a member of one of the Aboriginal Peoples of Canada (Indian, Inuit and Métis) or a beneficiary under a treaty referred to in section*35 of the*Constitution Act, 1982They must be a member of an Aboriginal community.They must engage in the traditional hunting practices of their community.

These adaptations facilitate the licensing process for Aboriginal people under unique circumstances while maintaining all the safety requirements of the*Firearms Act.

The following summarizes the Aboriginal-specific regulations. For further information, please consult the*Aboriginal Peoples of Canada Adaptations Regulations (Firearms).

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-205/index.html

iceburg
09-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Here in sask they are starting to enforce the rule that it's illegal for a non-status to hunt/fish with someone exercising treaty rights, huge grey area but I know a couple tickets have been issued...I believe it should be the same as Alberta but not positive

Don K
09-29-2015, 07:32 PM
Here in sask they are starting to enforce the rule that it's illegal for a non-status to hunt/fish with someone exercising treaty rights, huge grey area but I know a couple tickets have been issued...I believe it should be the same as Alberta but not positive

Should be!!! Way to much abuse IMO.

Don K
09-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Correct on all accounts! Show some legislation which prevents it. F&W can't find any nor will you. I don't care what colour you are abuses like I mentioned are simply unacceptable and discriminatory.

X2

stringer
09-29-2015, 07:46 PM

Public land and private land only if he has permission.

rigger338
09-29-2015, 07:48 PM
This one won't last long

elkhunter11
09-29-2015, 07:49 PM
No he don't. (Well not 100% on that but, I believe your http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/ab-au-eng.htm
Partially correct.

Many native people do not meet those requirements.

stringer
09-29-2015, 07:55 PM

You can not hunt with someone with status unless you are properly licenced to hunt during the regular season
Out side of a regular hunting season and you could be charged with assisting with the hunt.
After the animal is down he could call you to assist him in taking care and transport of the animal.

iceburg
09-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Xmas get some schooling you're embarrassing yourself.
Dk I agree, too many non-abs abusing the system

iceburg
09-29-2015, 07:59 PM
You can not hunt with someone with status unless you are properly licenced to hunt during the regular season
Out side of a regular hunting season and you could be charged with assisting with the hunt.
After the animal is down he could call you to assist him in taking care and transport of the animal.

Not here anymore, even if you are licensed. If the 2 want to hunt/fish together. the First nation needs to buy tags OR the non gets a ticket. They are giving tickets out now, idk how they are going to enforce it

stringer
09-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Correct on all accounts! Show some legislation which prevents it. F&W can't find any nor will you. I don't care what colour you are abuses like I mentioned are simply unacceptable and discriminatory.

They may not be charged with a wildlife offence but I'm sure there are many other laws that would be in effect
If Jack lighting he would be charged with dangerous use of a firearm.

stringer
09-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Not here anymore, even if you are licensed. If the 2 want to hunt/fish together. the First nation needs to buy tags OR the non gets a ticket. They are giving tickets out now, idk how they are going to enforce it

Utill it gets challenged in court.

Talking moose
09-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Many native people do not meet those requirements.

Yes.

elkhunter11
09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
They may not be charged with a wildlife offence but I'm sure there are many other laws that would be in effect
If Jack lighting he would be charged with dangerous use of a firearm.

Perhaps you aren't aware of the idiot judges that we have in our supremely stupid court of Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/b-c-first-nation-can-hunt-at-night-supreme-court-1.618478

They would rather risk having someone shot by a native hunting in the dark, than deprive a native of the opportunity to hunt at night using lights.

newguy
09-29-2015, 08:30 PM
........snare big game, jacklight, run down with vehicles, anything they want on crown land. Nothing but that rotten disgusting card required.

One of my best friends is a status Indian. I'd bet you'd eat that stupid comment if you met him.

Don K
09-29-2015, 08:57 PM
One of my best friends is a status Indian. I'd bet you'd eat that stupid comment if you met him.

Or not...

stringer
09-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Perhaps you aren't aware of the idiot judges that we have in our supremely stupid court of Canada.

They would rather risk having someone shot by a native hunting in the dark, than deprive a native of the opportunity to hunt at night using lights.

We're talking criminal code not wildlife act.
Dangerous use of a firearm is a serous offence and don't think the courts would just give someone a slap on the wrist and set a president for future cases..

Don K
09-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Lol! I think it's written in the treaties that it's a slap on the wrist or a light sentence for anything and everything... There's a definite double standard.

Talking moose
09-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Lol! I think it's written in the treaties that it's a slap on the wrist or a light sentence for anything and everything... There's a definite double standard.

This^ it's a political nightmare when dealing with native rights. Judges and authorities run at the mention of it...

walking buffalo
09-29-2015, 09:16 PM

Thanks

Hunter education would be good ideas, but not necessary. A PAL is necessary if he is going to be in possession of a firearm outside of the the direct supervision of someone with a PAL.

Treaty and non-treaty people can shoot rifles during archery seasons.

Great to hear you are going to introduce someone to hunting, best wishes.

Will you quit the forum if I show legislation that prevents it?

Ignorance is flammable.

Fire.

purgatory.sv
09-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Thank you for all who participated.

It is not about law but common sense?

All have the opportunity to participate.

Thank you.

Warm.

Talking moose
09-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Walking Buffalo.sv

xmastree
09-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Hunter education would be good ideas, but not necessary. A PAL is necessary if he is going to be in possession of a firearm outside of the the direct supervision of someone with a PAL.

Treaty and non-treaty people can shoot rifles during archery seasons.

Great to hear you are going to introduce someone to hunting, best wishes.

Will you quit the forum if I show legislation that prevents it?

Ignorance is flammable.

Fire.No, but I'll certainly apologize and be very grateful to you for setting the record straight. Snare big game - jacklight big game - run down with vehicles - have a PAL

I have been retired for three years and was recently informed by a friend that convictions were being obtained now for treaty hunting in sanctuary corridors which is a huge win for everyone.

iceburg
09-29-2015, 10:03 PM
Treaty ppl have been getting ticketed for a long time for hunting in sanctuaries and game preserves, your doing nothing but make yourself look ignorant

xmastree
09-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Treaty ppl have been getting ticketed for a long time for hunting in sanctuaries and game preserves, your doing nothing but make yourself look ignorant I said "sanctuary corridors" not
designated sanctuaries or game preserves.

purgatory.sv
09-29-2015, 10:16 PM
No, but I'll certainly apologize and be very grateful to you for setting the record straight. Snare big game - jacklight big game - run down with vehicles - have a PAL

I have been retired for three years and was recently informed by a friend that convictions were being obtained now for treaty hunting in sanctuary corridors which is a huge win for everyone.

I have been retired for three years?

Have you addressed your concern or are you trolling?

I know I do.

If you have information brings it forward.

Otherwise burn.

purgatory.sv
09-29-2015, 10:24 PM
No, but I'll certainly apologize and be very grateful to you for setting the record straight. Snare big game - jacklight big game - run down with vehicles - have a PAL

You have missed the intent of the original post.

You had an opportunity to give positive information.

But I could be wrong??

Fire.

xmastree
09-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Purgatory - the question was what were the treaty rights of a card holder. I gave some which most people don't know about but which I find particularly offensive. This is not trolling or derailing as you suggest.

If you have other comments or questions please phrase them in some form of communication I can understand.

purgatory.sv
09-29-2015, 10:44 PM
Purgatory - the question was what were the treaty rights of a card holder. I gave some which most people don't know about but which I find particularly offensive. This is not trolling or derailing as you suggest.

If you have other comments or questions please phrase them in some form of communication I can understand.

Understand.

Thank you.

xmastree
09-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Dangerous use of a firearm is a serous offence and don't think the courts would just give someone a slap on the wrist and set a president for future cases..You would have to prove each individual act of "jack lighting" was dangerous use of a fire arm which is almost impossible to do. Unless each card holder is convicted under the criminal code then the act was legal because all circumstances are different.

purgatory.sv
09-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Look at post number one.

It was asking for direction.

Then it questioned possible alternatives.

I now apologise, I see what you are asking or questioning.

I believe it was a simple question on personal ethics of hunting in Alberta.

I was wrong.

I have sinned.

elkhunter11
09-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Dangerous use of a firearm is a serous offence and don't think the courts would just give someone a slap on the wrist and set a president for future cases..

The authorities wouldn't bother to even charge natives that hunt at night with dangerous use of a firearm, because they know that it is unlikely that any judge would have enough spine to convict them.

openfire
09-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Well this is gotten a little off track, thanks to everyone who game good info.
Really appreciate it.
He does too.

purgatory.sv
09-29-2015, 11:13 PM
I wish to apologise for not giving a definite answer, and derailing.

But I believe with your help all will be good.

Mountain Guy
09-29-2015, 11:25 PM
wow...all this for someone asking about his ''native'' buddy.
Nowhere did he mention in post one if he was status ,metis, kinda native, wanting to be native, thinks he's native...
A lot of assumptions in the replies...

Talking moose
09-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Nowhere did he mention in post one if he was status ,metis, kinda native, wanting to be native, thinks he's native...

No offence but.....why would he even mention that he's native if he's not carded? Kinda irrelevant to even say he's native if he's not status isn't it? Kinda like saying my Chinese buddy..... It don't matter. I'm the same post he also asks what his "rights" are. Of course people will presume he's treaty or Metis at the very least.

Mountain Guy
09-29-2015, 11:34 PM
No offence but.....why would he even mention that he's native if he's not carded? Kinda irrelevant to even say he's native if he's not status isn't it? Kinda like saying my Chinese buddy..... It don't matter.

Really?
Personally...if someone tells me he's native, I'd be asking just how native he is before trying to explain his rights...

happy honker
09-29-2015, 11:36 PM
My friend is treaty, he just got all his firearms seized due to an expired pal.
He's 50, can barely walk due to breaking his neck at work a couple of years ago, and told me cops roughed him up pretty good the night they took his guns.

He's hard to understand when he talks, so cops took it as non compliance when they stopped him, and it escalated into a bad scene.

He's currently spending a small fortune trying to get his guns back. .Unfortunately, he's never been too on top of his paperwork.

Long story short....treaty guys still need a PAL.

Mountain Guy
09-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Furthermore....your Chinese thing is meaningless....
I know blond haired blue eyed status Indians...and have friends that look very native and have a tough time qualifying as metis.

openfire
09-29-2015, 11:57 PM
I stated in the title of the thread that he has his treaty card

Talking moose
09-30-2015, 12:14 AM
🈵🈲🈴㊗️㊙️🈹

Flight01
09-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Get him enrolled in a Hunter Ed course, have him do the same course you did for your PAL , if you have a valid tag for the area take him on a hunt. Contact your local FW to be sure you can accompany him. The two courses are just good to have wether he need it or not. Knowledge is power and so on....

walking buffalo
09-30-2015, 10:18 AM

We all will be waiting for the apology. Let's see if you have any integrity.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/stat/rsa-2000-c-w-10/latest/rsa-2000-c-w-10.html

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/regu/alta-reg-143-1997/latest/alta-reg-143-1997.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAVd2lsZGxpZmUgIHJlZ3 VsYXRpb25zAAAAAAE&resultIndex=1

As you will see, snaring, spotlighting, discharging a firearm at night and running down big game with a vehicle is illegal for everyone in Alberta. Links to PAL requirements have already been provided.

F&W was able to produce these documents in a few seconds....

Get him enrolled in a Hunter Ed course, have him do the same course you did for your PAL , if you have a valid tag for the area take him on a hunt. Contact your local FW to be sure you can accompany him. The two courses are just good to have wether he need it or not. Knowledge is power and so on....

Alberta does not have any race based laws in regards to who can hunt with whom. The same rules apply for everyone.

xmastree
09-30-2015, 10:41 AM
We all will be waiting for the apology. Let's see if you have any integrity.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/stat/rsa-2000-c-w-10/latest/rsa-2000-c-w-10.html

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/regu/alta-reg-143-1997/latest/alta-reg-143-1997.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAVd2lsZGxpZmUgIHJlZ3 VsYXRpb25zAAAAAAE&resultIndex=1

As you will see, snaring, spotlighting, discharging a firearm at night and running down big game with a vehicle is illegal for everyone in Alberta. Links to PAL requirements have already been provided.

F&W was able to produce these documents in a few seconds....

Alberta does not have any race based laws in regards to who can hunt with whom. The same rules apply for everyone.

Your documents are the provincial wildlife act which has nothing to do with treaty rights. Zero - you should know better.

Any treaty Indian who possessed firearms was grandfathered in and needs no PAL. As for younger members I am told the chief or council can authorize them to possess fire arms through some jiggery pokery process. I do know that locally with three reserves no one pays any attention to any of the PAL bs when it comes to natives or the other issues I mentioned. The tribe can also "marry" a native and non native under their own authority. A friend of mine did so and as far as he was concerned he had the rights that his wife had. He was never ticketed nor have the few others who have done so. Weather this is legal or not I don't know; I do know no prosecutor will tackle them.

Mb-MBR
09-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Most important to all of this and advice to the original poster is to inform him he has a huge responsibility that is not to be taken advantage of. He will with no doubt be invited by others that do not have the same Rights under the guise of hunting and ask him to claim any animals shot. Tell him not to participate in any of these types of hunts. He only takes what he needs, no more.....and advise him that just because he can doesn't mean that he should.........good luck!

And yes he should educate himself as to why he has these Rights so he can mount a proper defense when required because as evidenced on this thread and others, he will need to defend himself at some point and time...and probably sooner rather then later!

Good luck................you can PM me if you wish.

xmastree
09-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Most important to all of this and advice to the original poster is to inform him he has a huge responsibility that is not to be taken advantage of. He will with no doubt be invited by others that do not have the same Rights under the guise of hunting and ask him to claim any animals shot. Tell him not to participate in any of these types of hunts. He only takes what he needs, no more.....and advise him that just because he can doesn't mean that he should.........good luck!

And yes he should educate himself as to why he has these Rights so he can mount a proper defense when required because as evidenced on this thread and others, he will need to defend himself at some point and time...and probably sooner rather then later!

Good luck................you can PM me if you wish.

Excellent and responsible advice.

walking buffalo
09-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Your documents are the provincial wildlife act which has nothing to do with treaty rights. Zero - you should know better.

Any treaty Indian who possessed firearms was grandfathered in and needs no PAL. As for younger members I am told the chief or council can authorize them to possess fire arms through some jiggery pokery process. I do know that locally with three reserves no one pays any attention to any of the PAL bs when it comes to natives or the other issues I mentioned. The tribe can also "marry" a native and non native under their own authority. A friend of mine did so and as far as he was concerned he had the rights that his wife had. He was never ticketed nor have the few others who have done so. Weather this is legal or not I don't know; I do know no prosecutor will tackle them.

You are an idiot. Not saying this as an insult, but to use the most accurate word available in the english dictionary.

Jiggery pokery.....
Everything you state as a legal fact is wrong.

I won't bother with your trolling anymore, I have confidence that only stupid people will believe anything you say.

iceburg
09-30-2015, 11:21 AM
You are an idiot. Not saying this as an insult, but to use the most accurate word available in the english dictionary.

Jiggery pokery.....

I won't bother with your trolling anymore, I have confidence that only stupid people will believe anything you say.

X2

Don K
09-30-2015, 11:36 AM

Jiggery pokery.....

Same jiggery-pokery that allows members of the Morley reserve to drive after having MANY impaired driving charges. Gramma insures 13 vehicles so everyone has wheels. Everyone turns a blind eye. It's utter nonsense.

Kurt505
09-30-2015, 11:53 AM
It's great that you are helping this gentleman into the sport of hunting, and it's great to see you both are doing your part to doing things right. Good on you both.

I don't want to take away from what you guys are doing, but this situation is proof that treaty harvest rights should be abolished. I think it's great that your friend is getting into hunting, and I'm sure he's going to enjoy it, but obviously it's not an integral part of his culture or identity, otherwise you wouldn't need to ask these questions.

I can't help out with advising him of his rights, because I probably only know enough to screw him up, but as you can see there are a couple members who know them.

Good luck to you guys, just remember the biggest thing is to respect the resource.

Talking moose
09-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Furthermore....your Chinese thing is meaningless....
I know blond haired blue eyed status Indians...and have friends that look very native and have a tough time qualifying as metis.

Furthermore....... So do I. But my point was that even a child could tell from the way his post is formated, that he was referring to treaty. Being that it's in the title of the thread should only confirm it...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Acesneights
09-30-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm glad your buddy is getting involved in this sport. However I also have a buddy who is Metis and for a short time he could hunt province wide with no licences. I enjoyed hunting with him however I told him go and spend the $50 or whatever on tags and actually put a tag on the whitetail he shot otherwise I refused to hunt with him...... So he did. There needs to be people standing up against this cause it's not right and the signed treaty was never meant to be interpetated the way is is put into action now however nobody is willing to stand up against what is wrong!!!!!! We need Donald trump. And it isn't racism it is just standing up for what is right!!!!

Talking moose
09-30-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm glad your buddy is getting involved in this sport. However I also have a buddy who is Metis and for a short time he could hunt province wide with no licences. I enjoyed hunting with him however I told him go and spend the $50 or whatever on tags and actually put a tag on the whitetail he shot otherwise I refused to hunt with him...... So he did. There needs to be people standing up against this cause it's not right and the signed treaty ever meant to be interpetated the way is is put into action now however nobody is willing to stand up against what is wrong!!!!!! We need Donald trump. And it isn't racism it is just standing up for what is right!!!!

I know many status people that don't have to, but go out and buy tags and only hunt within the regulations that apply to non status people. They want the money to go back into the system for conservation and management purposes. Not only that, they feel that it's unfair that there should be discrepancy between races in this day and age. I bet if it was possible, some of them would donate their treaty hunting rights to people less financially secure if they were allowed. Yes there are people like that. I'm proud to know some.

xmastree
09-30-2015, 02:34 PM

Jiggery pokery.....

I won't bother with your trolling anymore, I have confidence that only stupid people will believe anything you say.Facts are facts. Natives hunting under the authority of a treaty card are not governed by the wildlife act.

Jiggery pokery - my description of "legal manipulation" including some stretching and bending of laws or regulations.

walking buffalo
09-30-2015, 03:04 PM
Facts are facts. Natives hunting under the authority of a treaty card are not governed by the wildlife act.

Jiggery pokery - my description of "legal manipulation" including some stretching and bending of laws or regulations.

You are wrong. Again....

You are even contradicting your previous statements, which I doubt you will recognize.

Unionmade
09-30-2015, 03:42 PM
I have someone in my family with native status. I call here da wife. She is going to get here PAL and hunters ED just to make sure she is in the good from that point off view. All we did was go to the local Fish and Wildlife office to get the rest of the answers. Try that route. They were helpful and answered alot of questions. I have hunted for years but she is starting to tag along with me and my kids who also have there native status. If anything we get outdoors as a family but for know I still get my tags every year and will do so in the future. We only harvest what our family can consume. Like my wife says all the time its nice having here native status which I agree with but she likes to also be educated. So tell your friend its a good idea from a safety and educational point of view to take these courses and go see Fish and Wildlife for a bit of help.

scottymac
09-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Here in Manitoba a non status hunter can not hunt with a status Indian. You can only assist in retrieval once the hunt has concluded.

xmastree
09-30-2015, 05:43 PM
Facts are facts. Natives hunting under the authority of a treaty card are not governed by the wildlife act.

Jiggery pokery - my description of "legal manipulation" including some stretching and bending of laws or regulations. I thought you were not going to bother with my trolling anymore? Tell me about shooting moose in June for a starter - with a .22 rifle?

HowSwedeItIs
09-30-2015, 08:43 PM
I thought you were not going to bother with my trolling anymore? Tell me about shooting moose in June for a starter - with a .22 rifle?

Okay now you're starting to talk to yerself, better have a rest bud maybe listen to some lynyrd skynyrd

Kurt505
09-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Okay now you're starting to talk to yerself, better have a rest bud maybe listen to some lynyrd skynyrd

Too funny:sHa_sarcasticlol:

J0HN_R1
09-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Here in Manitoba a non status hunter can not hunt with a status Indian. You can only assist in retrieval once the hunt has concluded.

What's that got to do with Alberta, or this thread for that matter...?

Who really F'ing cares what goes on in Manitoba or Saskatchewan...

Mountain Guy
09-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Furthermore....... So do I. But my point was that even a child could tell from the way his post is formated, that he was referring to treaty. Being that it's in the title of the thread should only confirm it...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ya missed that in the title.. Only interpreted what I read in the post... My bad...but thanks for pointing out what the OP already said..

xmastree
10-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Okay now you're starting to talk to yerself, better have a rest bud maybe listen to some lynyrd skynyrdMaybe you could explain on behalf of Walking Buffalo?

Talking moose
10-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Ya missed that in the title.. Only interpreted what I read in the post... My bad...but thanks for pointing out what the OP already said..

No problem.

last minute
10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
I enjoyed hunting with him however I told him go and spend the $50 or whatever on tags and actually put a tag on the whitetail he shot otherwise I refused to hunt with him...... So he did.NOT something i would do for anyone spend money if i dont have to:).

xmastree
10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
No problem. Some people need might need to read it a couple times before sinking in......No comments on moose hunting with a .22 ?

I would suggest that anyone who is interested in treaty hunting rights take my examples and go talk with a senior F&W officer. You will be amazed.

Talking moose
10-01-2015, 09:53 AM
No comments on moose hunting with a .22 ?

I would suggest that anyone who is interested in treaty hunting rights take my examples and go talk with a senior F&W officer. You will be amazed.

No. Why?

Mountain Guy
10-01-2015, 12:33 PM
No problem.

Nice edit mr.moose..... won't mention that you didn't pick up on it till the OP mentioned it a couple posts earlier...

enough said...

Talking moose
10-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Nice edit mr.moose..... won't mention that you didn't pick up on it till the OP mentioned it a couple posts earlier...

enough said...

Picked up on it in my first reply. Was you who never picked up on it. Go back and read.

xmastree
10-01-2015, 04:22 PM
No. Why?Cuz it's a real tough question that either a moose or buffalo should know the answer to, or perish the thought an opinion? To avoid confusion refer back to the question of treaty rights and buffalos contention it's covered by the wildlife act. I thought it was an exceptional right but apparently not.

Mountain Guy
10-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Picked up on it in my first reply. Was you who never picked up on it. Go back and read.

my oh my.... getting really clear why you hide out in the basement...safe haven maybe? :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Talking moose
10-01-2015, 06:27 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:

scottymac
10-01-2015, 07:44 PM
What's that got to do with Alberta, or this thread for that matter...?

Who really F'ing cares what goes on in Manitoba or Saskatchewan...

Nice Friendly Albertan right there. Idiot!

newguy
11-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Same jiggery-pokery that allows members of the Morley reserve to drive after having MANY impaired driving charges. Gramma insures 13 vehicles so everyone has wheels. Everyone turns a blind eye. It's utter nonsense.

Sounds like you have an issue with natives in general. That's sad.

Do you even think before you post these things? Didn't think so.

Ranets
11-04-2015, 08:29 PM
What rights?
Too many.

Exactly correct:angry3:

Acesneights
11-04-2015, 08:58 PM
http://aep.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/fishing-hunting-trapping/documents/HuntingByTreatyIndians-Oct2015.pdf

Acesneights
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Hopefully this answered everyone questions : ) finally the government put something in writing. So feel free to call it in to report a poacher if treaties or anyone else is breaking the law

newguy
11-04-2015, 10:52 PM
http://aep.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/fishing-hunting-trapping/documents/HuntingByTreatyIndians-Oct2015.pdf

Excellent resource. Thanks for posting.

Angus81
11-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Tell your buddy to do the right thing. Get his hunters safety, and buy tags like everyone else

Angus81
11-05-2015, 08:12 PM
That's what my wife is doing

Acesneights
11-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know where this link went

albertabighorn
11-22-2015, 01:37 PM

Thanks

I don't think you(non treaty) can assist a treaty hunter exercising his native hunting rights at all. Only way he could go with you is have his own valid tags and hunting in an open season just like a non treaty person.

Acesneights
11-23-2015, 07:32 AM
http://www.huntingfortomorrow.com/HFTF_Home/FACT%20SHEETS/Fact%20Sheet%208%20Oct%2008.pdf

newguy
11-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Tell your buddy to do the right thing. Get his hunters safety, and buy tags like everyone else

The right thing for you isn't the right thing for everyone.