PDA

View Full Version : Gull is a little windy !

fluxcore
10-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Am I the only boat on Gull right now? We're hiding by pelican point and think we see a boat across in between waves. Little to rough to cross hope their doing ok.

tight line
10-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Lol, i was just thinking how brutal it must be today.. We were out the other weekend and it was bad.. Must be some big rollers!

fluxcore
10-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Made it back ok, ended up using a 5gal bucket tied off the bow hook to back troll while keeping nose to the wind. I would not recommend going out on a day like today with out the proper gear and experience. Just putting the boat in the water had waves coming over the transom, I have duel bilage pumps that were worked hard today. The point was crazy and the amount of weeds and debris in the water was overwhelming, lots of fun

fluxcore
10-11-2015, 03:42 PM
One look at aspen beach and I knew launching was going to be to much of a challenge so we headed to Raymond shores where the wind had less time to build up the waves.

tight line
10-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Haha!! Beauty! Man ive been out in some big chop! But when i seen the forecast yesterday i decided to go out west fly fishing! And the wind today was insane... How did you make out?

Gumbi
10-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Might head out tomorow or buck dont know yet.

kinwahkly
10-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Was on Beaver Lake by Caroline yesterday and it was bad.

binnzer32
10-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I was out on battle. Was crazy

Walleyedude
10-13-2015, 12:18 PM
I'm lucky enough to own one of the best big water walleye boats out there and I still wouldn't go out "fun fishing" on a day like that, especially this time of year. Sure I could do it, but it's just not worth it to me take that chance or to fight those conditions to try and fish effectively.

cube
10-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm lucky enough to own one of the best big water walleye boats out there and I still wouldn't go out "fun fishing" on a day like that, especially this time of year. Sure I could do it, but it's just not worth it to me take that chance or to fight those conditions to try and fish effectively.

X2

Walleye101
10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Geeze that's nutty man. You are one brave soul. We went out there on Friday and the water was like glass. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Caught some nice one's.