PDA

View Full Version : BC salmon fishing info?

Stubb
10-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi all,
I'm wanting to do a guided fishing trip in BC and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what area to look into. I'm looking to go in early November so i'm not sure which area will have salmon or if the season is even open. There's a couple floating lodges which look cool I think in the Port Hardy area. If Salmon fishing is totally out of the question then what other good fishing options are there that would be good for a fishing trip/vacation for me and my wife?

Thanks for the help.

Serengeti Charters
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Quite late. I would honestly not spend the extra money at that time of year to come to the island. Fishing for winter springs is good in Vancouver. That's all you'll get most likely anyway as all the larger spawning fish are in rivers and dead from spawning already. Check out a Vancouver charter is my suggestion :)

Stubb
10-13-2015, 01:28 PM
ok cool. Thanks

Mike_W
10-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Not sure if there are any bottom fishing charters available or steelhead opportunities that time of year but might be an option.

fishman
10-13-2015, 11:05 PM
Murphys in port alberni. The stamp river summer run steelys and maybe odd coho

Pike Ranger
10-14-2015, 01:02 PM
This is on my shortlist! Hoping to go next season. Gona watch this thread for any tips.

Wild&Free
10-20-2015, 12:41 AM
The Nass has some late Spring and Coho runs, Steelhead are in the system as well, as well as the Skeena. Some good steelhead fishing in December when you get a few warm days to change water temp.