PDA

View Full Version : Morinville reservoir

trooper
10-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Does anyone know if the Morinville reservoir was stocked this spring? I've been out there numerous times this summer and no one that I know of has caught anything. Rumor has it that some yokel put some pike in the lake. any truth to this?

Dak1138
10-13-2015, 10:05 PM
The pike is at the pond in town and not the reservoir . There are fish in the reservoir, I saw a couple of fat 13-14 inch fish earlier this year pulled out.

CMichaud
10-14-2015, 01:10 PM
I have caught two pike in the F&G pond early in the season. Have not seen one since.

Heritage Lake across the highway has some bigger (but seemingly tougher to catch) stocked rainbow. I have caught a couple of nice ones here.

The F&G pond has trout still in it. They range from 8-14" right now. I regularly C&R them.

NB: Reading your post I am assuming that you mean Heritage Lake (West side of Hwy 2 at the overpass) when you say "reservoir".

CMichaud
10-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Well....was speaking to one of the regulars yesterday in town.

He told me that he saw a guy land a 35" pike at the F&G pond two days ago. He said he wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it with his own eyes and measured it himself.

I wondered where the 600 brown trout had gone that were put in there this year...think I know now.