PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore Reservoir - short fishing report

p4elata_brumze
10-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi there!

Went to Glenmore Reservoir for a few hours yesterday afternoon...and even thou there were no bites decided to share my experience.

The weather was a bit chilly but still quite good for fishing...there was barely any wind which made most of the casts quite easy and allowed my lures to go further out.

The water was very clear and its level was high. At least a meter of the shore line was under water...
http://s11.postimg.org/85bu74r2b/IMG_4759.jpg
http://s18.postimg.org/6gqcvdfrt/IMG_4760.jpg

Decided to chase them around with lures and spinners...

http://s14.postimg.org/lwigigwg1/IMG_4761.jpg

This was my first choice...
http://s12.postimg.org/66p6k9pkd/IMG_4763.jpg

I positioned myself right under the pathway, from the parking of CareWest, and started casting.
Tried searching the surface level of water by using the fan method and different ways of spinning...no indicators, not even a bite.
Change the spinner a few times (used a red one with a white stripe and also one with silver and blue color mix) and also searched the middle and bottom layers as well...still no bites.

So in thew end, after more than 3 hours of spinning, I decided to put an end to that fishless trip.
Even thou there was no success, I left optimistic and will definitely try the reservoir again, may be even tomorrow afternoon.

I would like to try several times more, before the ice hits.

Have you guys recently fished there?
Did you have any luck?...where were you and what method did you use?

Tight lines,

Teodor

drhu22
10-17-2015, 10:05 PM
I havent fished it much, but Ive caught some pike by the canoe club casting spoons from shore. Red and whites, and a plain silver spoon worked best for me.

Thanks for pics and better luck next time!

waterninja
10-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Welcome to AO. Pity you didn't catch anything, but it looked like a nice day to be on the shore. Look foreward to a report from you and some pics when you have some success.

fishingallday
10-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Nice pictures. Glenmore has skunked me many times before. beside glenmore trail beside the hospital is usually ok. 14th street parking lot there used to have a path to go by the dam but they padlocked it earlier this year haven't been back down to see if it's open. Good luck you'll find the fish

depolloc
10-18-2015, 03:59 PM
I was out on Friday evening, not a bite either. I believe most folks do well in spring, then it seems like the fishing really slows down. I've done well on pike & perch, but have yet to catch any trout.

fishingallday
10-18-2015, 07:42 PM
I've never found perch there or even trout for me it's all been pike there.

p4elata_brumze
10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Hi!

I decided to give Glenmore another try...went yesterday afternoon but instead of my usual spot, right under the pathway from the parking of Carewest, I chose another one...about half way between it and Glenmore Trail.

The weather was perfect and there was barely any wind...:sHa_shakeshout:
Started casting with a red and white spoon...no bites.
After that I changed it to a yellow spoon with a silver back...again no luck at all.
Тhe result was the same even with a small trout-like lure.

A string of flies, already proven to work at other venues, didn't work either.

During the several hours I was there, I spoke with a couple of fishermen who had no luck what so even..using the same methods I did.

I am thinking of going again and trying my luck with a completely different method...either float fishing or introducing bait close to or exactly on the bottom..

I wonder if the fish have moved to the other side of the lake, closer to the boating club..:thinking-006:

EZM
10-19-2015, 04:55 PM
When the water cools off the fish slow down. A spoon or spinner might be a little fast.

I would suggest trying a heavier jig head and rubber tail - give that a bump, sink, jerk, pause and retrieve and mix it up ...... it's worth a try.

p4elata_brumze
10-19-2015, 05:19 PM
I have a couple of these jigs and will give them a try.
Thank you for the suggestion.

waterninja
10-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Well at least you had nice weather again on your 2nd trip. As for where the fish have moved, give it up. Once you start trying to think like a fish, or try to figure out what there up to, you'll go insane.
I noticed that while talking about the presentations you have been using, you never mention bait. I think it's time you put a worm on a j-hook, or a couple smelts on a bare treble, and see what happens. Don't bother with weights or pic rig. Good luck, I'm waiting for your first pic.

P.S. Don't know regs about bait in Glenmore res. Check first. Good luck

marty1
10-19-2015, 09:45 PM
I remember years ago that you could catch big perch right at the heritage Park sign using leeches under a slip bobber I also have had good luck chucking Rapala count downs for the odd rainbow and brown lots of pike on that end I find.The perch fishing was more In the spring and if you had a canoe I would be going for the trout at this time (spring also) you won't catch a lot but when you do hook up its more likely to be a goodin.Ive done well for trout on both cd7 raps and leech patterns on the fly rod. Glenmore res can have its shinning moments but overall ,a pretty tough go.

p4elata_brumze
10-20-2015, 02:22 AM
...Glenmore res can have its shinning moments but overall ,a pretty tough go.

It definitely is...but I like the challenge!
I have been fishing it for years and most of my trips have ended without even a bite.

Rainbowpike
01-24-2016, 04:44 PM
The fishing in Glenmore is good around the South shore north of the Sailing club.
I caught a 14 inch pike there last year.

Good luck!