PDA

View Full Version : Walleye costco

Tdog_2005
10-21-2015, 09:13 AM
I have always seen walleye at Costco but have never purchase it up until yesterday, the person who filleted these needs to learn what there doing, bones in every fillet. In my opinion walleye is the easiest fish to fillet. Other then that my kids and myself ate them up. Tasty

WyattE
10-21-2015, 09:23 AM
How much did the fillets cost? Always enjoy a Walleye feed! :sHa_shakeshout:

Tdog_2005
10-21-2015, 10:28 AM
How much did the fillets cost? Always enjoy a Walleye feed! :sHa_shakeshout:

price was good 12.00 for 6 fillets

dodgeboy1979
10-21-2015, 10:42 AM
that's why there was bones for that price. I buy boxes 10lbs each of walleye fillets from Buffalo narrows for $80

spice
10-21-2015, 12:23 PM
What place do you buy the walleye from. sounds like a good deal

whitetail Junkie
10-21-2015, 01:29 PM

Cheaper going there and buying fish then going out to a lake in Alberta and catching some......that is if your at a Alberta lake which allows you to keep a walleye :rolleye2:

whitetail Junkie
10-21-2015, 01:33 PM
that's why there was bones for that price. I buy boxes 10lbs each of walleye fillets from Buffalo narrows for $80

CHEAP!

Cost some guys over $80 a day in fuel to go fishing to keep one walleye over 55cm in southern Alberta.....

WayneChristie
10-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Costco tends to frown on people casting in the aisles, even with barbless hooks :bad_boys_20:

WyattE
10-21-2015, 01:56 PM
CHEAP!

Cost some guys over $80 a day in fuel to go fishing to keep one walleye over 55cm in southern Alberta.....

Ain't that the TRUTH!

I do my fishing in BC. $400.00 a day fully guided on the ocean and I come home with 300 lbs. of halibut, cod and salmon. Store bought fish doesn't even come close! And the savings v. paying for 15 day old fish at the store is huge. :sHa_shakeshout:

If I fish for Walleye, I go to Saskatchewan where you can actually keep some.

tirebob
10-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Curious... Purely theoretically, as this is a game fish, assume you went home with like 10 fish worth of fillets. Say you re-wrapped them and threw away the packaging. Or maybe you were going camping and put them all in a pan or something and didn't have the packaging.

Could possession limits get you in trouble since you can't prove you purchased them legitimately? Would it even matter? Is there anything that states possession limits are null and void with purchased fish when it is also a local game fish?

Habfan
10-21-2015, 01:58 PM

What was the price per pound ? Anything under 10$ a lb. is good.

Habfan
10-21-2015, 02:11 PM

That's a good deal !! What is the name of the company ? Please and thank you ! :)

dodgeboy1979
10-21-2015, 02:14 PM
the number i had looks like it's been disconnected, i will check the box im my freezer and see if there is a phone number on it.

Talking moose
10-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Get it shipped from here.
http://www.bevsfishandseafood.ca/mobile/

WyattE
10-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks Mr. Moose.

Just called them $14.99 a lbs. plus they can not ship direct into Alberta anymore, only if you have someone pick it up for you then they ship it. :scared:

Maybe King Trudeau will change that law? :thinking-006:

Talking moose
10-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks Mr. Moose.

Just called them $14.99 a lbs. plus they can not ship direct into Alberta anymore, only if you have someone pick it up for you then they ship it. :scared:

Maybe King Trudeau will change that law? :thinking-006:

A few of us in Camrose chip in and have it bused here. Your right, one buddy's parents live in P.A and pick it up and send it on its way. The pike is delicious as well, something about those clear cold northern sask waters... Mmmmm.

WyattE
10-21-2015, 02:56 PM
My only question is how much would I have to beg to be part of your group? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

AdverseCity
10-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Curious... Purely theoretically, as this is a game fish, assume you went home with like 10 fish worth of fillets. Say you re-wrapped them and threw away the packaging. Or maybe you were going camping and put them all in a pan or something and didn't have the packaging.

Could possession limits get you in trouble since you can't prove you purchased them legitimately? Would it even matter? Is there anything that states possession limits are null and void with purchased fish when it is also a local game fish?
Fish can be purchased from a licenced commercial fisherman (but cannot be exported from Alberta) or retailer. If you purchase fish in this manner be sure to get a sales receipt and carry that receipt with the fish as proof of purchase.

pinelakeperch
10-21-2015, 04:53 PM
I have more perch and walleye than I could eat in two years. If anyone in Calgary is looking for some free filets, PM me.

Wes_G
10-21-2015, 06:04 PM
I have more perch and walleye than I could eat in two years. If anyone in Calgary is looking for some free filets, PM me.

If you don't mind me asking....If you have so much that you are giving it away, why keep them if you're not going to eat them?

huntin'fool
10-21-2015, 06:20 PM
If you don't mind me asking....If you have so much that you are giving it away, why keep them if you're not going to eat them?

Because North Dakota baby!

whitetail Junkie
10-21-2015, 06:26 PM
This thread cost me some $$$$ today....didnt get the walleye,but settled for some smoked sturgeon from costco online....should be here in the mail from newbrunswick next week:)

pinelakeperch
10-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Because North Dakota baby!

Ding ding ding. I very rarely keep walleye in Alberta, almost exclusively when I want a shore lunch along the river.

dodgeboy1979
10-22-2015, 09:18 AM
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae268/jbaranek/walleye.jpg (http://s978.photobucket.com/user/jbaranek/media/walleye.jpg.html)

Here is the guy i get my walleye from. Each fillet is deboned and vacuum sealed

Pikebreath
10-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Ain't that the TRUTH!

I do my fishing in BC. $400.00 a day fully guided on the ocean and I come home with 300 lbs. of halibut, cod and salmon. Store bought fish doesn't even come close! And the savings v. paying for 15 day old fish at the store is huge. :sHa_shakeshout:

If I fish for Walleye, I go to Saskatchewan where you can actually keep some.

Aren't you forgetting about the costs involved in getting there and back along with accommodation?

I agree that you get a "fresher product" catching it yourself, but I doubt there is really any savings in sportfishing for eating vs buying it from a commercial source once all direct and indirect costs get thrown in.

Wild&Free
10-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Aren't you forgetting about the costs involved in getting there and back along with accommodation?

I agree that you get a "fresher product" catching it yourself, but I doubt there is really any savings in sportfishing for eating vs buying it from a commercial source once all direct and indirect costs get thrown in.

I haven't done an ocean charter in a while, but in '07 Halibut off the wharf in Rupert was $10.50 per lb. all said and done we came back with 120lb(filet weight) of just Halibut between 4 of us. do the math, then add in the crab, salmon, ling cod, snapper and there is considerable savings vs buying retail.

drhu22
10-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Costco tends to frown on people casting in the aisles, even with barbless hooks :bad_boys_20:

Its fun though... I reeled in a 450 pounder at walmart last week. I was using oreo ben and jerrys, and she put up a really good fight!