PDA

View Full Version : pigeon mulhurst bay

happyfisher
10-27-2015, 09:26 PM
so my buddy is renting a place at mulhust bay and we got a cool shack ( the coolest ever). but i dont know if the fishing is good over there.....we were gunna take the boat out and find a weedbed edge and place a marker so we can put the shack there when ice is on.....anyone know if there area is good and what is.possible to catch?

thanks all

happy

Kim473
10-28-2015, 05:46 AM
When the ice is good for shacks, you will see plenty of them out there. Just set yours in the general area.

neilsledder
10-28-2015, 12:03 PM
so my buddy is renting a place at mulhust bay and we got a cool shack ( the coolest ever). but i dont know if the fishing is good over there.....we were gunna take the boat out and find a weedbed edge and place a marker so we can put the shack there when ice is on.....anyone know if there area is good and what is.possible to catch?

thanks all

happy

Just don't be like me. Last year was my first time out there drilled my hole set tent up, chairs, heater all my stuff cleaned out all the ice and snow from the hole and was in 3" of water lol. Some shallow spots on the lake.

cube
10-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Just don't be like me. Last year was my first time out there drilled my hole set tent up, chairs, heater all my stuff cleaned out all the ice and snow from the hole and was in 3" of water lol. Some shallow spots on the lake.

Good thing you didn't do your auger blades in :)

cube
10-28-2015, 12:13 PM

thanks all

happy

possible to catch Walleye, Walleye, Walleye, Whitefish, the odd burbot and pike.

neilsledder
10-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Good thing you didn't do your auger blades in :)

That's some of the reason I started that thread on sharpening. Hit them a bit but not to much. I watched a buddy drill into mud about 8". Could drill a hole in the ice for the life of us after that lol

dragon
10-30-2015, 08:18 AM

caught several pike in 2 feet of water last fall through 3" of ice.

neilsledder
10-30-2015, 08:25 AM
caught several pike in 2 feet of water last fall through 3" of ice.

Yup me to! But I was only in 3" of water! Don't think a good size fish could even fit in there lol.

EZM
10-30-2015, 01:26 PM
We have all done that one .... lol

We were out at gull - like hundreds and hundreds of yards off shore - drilled a hole through 24" of ice to find 12" of water ..... lol

Luckily we usually run the camera down to see how deep it is and what's around in terms of fish or structure.

The way we "set up" would be a nightmare to re-pack and move ..... I'm bringing a kitchen sink and satelite dish this year with me .... lol