PDA

View Full Version : How long do I have to wait......

deadnutz
08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
So being the kinda guy that has nuthin to hide and looking to avoid needless hassles, I attempted to register a 'farm collection' of guns in mid april. The 'farm collection' comment came from the 'Verifier' that had to come out to my place and measure and eyeball all of my guns to determine that yes they were what I was saying they were......2 shotguns, a .303 and a youth .22........all pretty basic, pretty generic, no big deal........WRONG......I even went the extra mile and did the registration over the internet with the code numbers that the verifier gave me. Codes in, gun descriptions came up exactly as what I had.........SO........4 freakin months later......nuthin..>: I go to the website and see the same comment under the guns as has been there for the last three months..." initial processing completed........." What in gods name am I waiting for......I phoned last week and trying not to be to beligerant to the nice sounding lady on the phone, told her that hunting season started beginning of september (Grouse) and that I had better have a certificate for at least one of those shotguns before then or I was going to have to be in violation.....cause I'm taking the damn shotgun whether I have paper on it or not..........:b .......Anybody else had this kind of experience and could anyone guess how badly could they hassle me if they catch me with it ??

osterb
08-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I'd personally go for it.

Keep calling them and hassling, it tends to make them work for their money.

I have heard similar.

Just call them frequently and they'll get on the ball

1 billion and counting and all they could afford to hire were monkeys :\

McCurdy1234
08-23-2005, 02:27 AM
I've heard reports of a year or more for registering previously unregistered rifles ect. Of course more often it is less. You should have just forgot about the whole thing and used them anyway.

Tucumseh
08-24-2005, 10:44 PM
No, no, no,no don't do that. Have faith in our Lieberal gun registry program....it works, it works! And so do condoms with holes. >D >D >D

What a bunch of Ottawa pecker heads!

osterb
08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
honestly, just @#%^ em and use it anyways. Like anyone out west cares about what the "elites" in Ontario have to say :rollin

deadnutz
08-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, Well, Well, constant phone calls have finally paid off. I checked CFC site today and reg. certificates have been issued. Maybe it was my call last friday where I told them I would be carrying my registration confirmation sheets to show any officer that wanted to see some paper work, and that these officers would have even less faith in the system than they already do, seeing a registration date in April and yet no certificate issued. So lesson learned, either dont bother with your old 'farm collection' of guns, or do it the last day of this season if want registration certificates for next season.....................:hat

osterb
08-31-2005, 04:13 PM
told you the dorks would hurry up if ya crack the whip ;)

Asmodeus
09-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Oh don’t let that fool you. When my vehicle was broke into hunting last spring, my wife and mother in law had their bags stolen, and in those bags were their ID’s, PAL included. Well the wife and the mother in law sent in there forms for replacement PAL’s in May.

Well the wife had hers in June about, two weeks later. The mother in law, after repeated calls kept being told it was in the mail and to give it another week. This started in the last weeks of July. Finally on the 26 of Aug she called again to find out what was taking so long and to complain because hunting season was starting.

The staff at the centre finally agreed it should have been here by now and advised that another would be issued immediately. Guess what Still no PAL, so much for her new shotgun for bird season.

If it were I, just print out the web page that stated it was processed and “in the Mail” and carry that in the highly unlikely event that you are ever asked for it in the interim.

I see this however as a Canada Post issue and not technically the Firearms centre in this particular event. I also must admit that the staff at the CFC has been good with me and I have had no problems as of yet. This however does not mean that I agree with or support the registry, Just giving credit where due.

Asmodeus