PDA

View Full Version : finding if my gun is legit or not

sigsauer
03-01-2003, 08:39 PM
i just got a new hand gun. how do i find out if it is legit or not? is there a web site i can click on and type a serial number and find out if its legit or not. any help will be very helpful..
thanks

handgun?
03-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Sigsauer,
With a question like that, what pawn shop did you pick up that illegal gun from?? I hope you're kidding?But I think you might not be.

seriously
03-02-2003, 06:28 PM
All kidding aside. Your best and safest bet would be to go down to the closest RCMP office (bring your newly acquired hand gun) and ask one of the officers there. They're pretty up on this gun registry thing. They'll know if your new gun is legit. Hope this helps.
WOW.

2Kawabungas
03-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey Sig, If I were you I wouldn't go prancing into the RCMP station with your newly acquired piece. They might get the wrong idea or something. I would probably phone them first and see what the procedure is to bring in without creating any anxiety

Just a thought.

Kodiak
03-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Definitely phone first !!!!!!! I wouldn't want to explain possession of a handgun to a traffic cop these days !!! You might end up on "To Serve and Protect". Bad boy, bad boys what ya gonna do !!!!!!:lol :rollin

Kod.

floods
03-04-2003, 04:57 PM
phone 1 800 731 4000 ask about ser number they will tell you the history if you do not like what they say hang up

:\ :\

gun registration
09-03-2003, 02:49 PM
I have the same question only it's because I found a gun. If it's not registered to anyone, I'll get it registered to me.

hand gun
09-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Phone the firearms centre and ask for a nearby verifier name and number. They have CD's which show all makes & models commonly encountered. They do the paperwork which classifies your pistol, but no information is passed to the firearms centre until you decide to do so. All they do is complete a form which gives the firearm ID number, sign it, and you submit it.

Finding Registrati
04-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I need assistance in finding my registration records. I purchased a hand gun in 1970 and I now need to prove that I am the owner. I have the serial number, name of store, where purchased and the manufacturer's's name. The store is having problems finding the documents because it's been over 30 years.

Do you have any information or resources that I may use to call or write to get a copy of my registration? Will I be able to get the information I need by calling the 1 800
731 4000 number?

Thanks,
Wondering and need help:)