PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Gun Registry Doomed For Failure !

Cowboy
02-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Canadas first attempt at gun registry was in the early 1900's. "On 26 of May,1921 the government repealed the famous permit law and you can buy and own a rifle without a permit"This ad was in the July 1921 Rod & Gun.This of course made it very easy for the Cooey Firearms Co to sell and distribute their gun all across Canada.

Canadas second attempt was during the 2nd WW.I have 2 samples of the gun registry. One copy and one original . They asked questions such as racial origin and "British Subj (yes/no). These were filled out by the local RCMP detachment and signed by the officer in charge. Its obvious the government hasn't learned in some of the questions they like to ask.

So how you ask will the 3rd attempt to force its citizens to register their firearms fail? Simple the peoples unwillingness to register their firearms and the discontent caused by its actions. The cost now known on the registry has the people upset and will be the downfall of the registry-----Cowboy

winged1
02-22-2004, 12:34 PM
I agree, the registry is headed for the scrap heap. A poker chip for Martin.

MUDDSTER
02-22-2004, 01:29 PM
The problem with the Liberal party is if they want to do something and we don't agree with it they will RAM it down our throats any how at our own taxpayers expense. I think our only hope is to get them out and FAST.>: :(

Tucumseh
02-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Great ideas but what if we can't get them out, what if the registry doesn't end up in the scrap pile. Then What? Do we sit around while they continue their defiance of the west? Maybe its time for Albertans to stand up and be heard LOUD and CLEAR, with or without the rest of Canada!
10,000 signatures starts the ball rolling!

MUDDSTER
02-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Don't worry TUC the liberals won't get my vote..... EVER!!:rolleyes

Shawners
02-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Tuc what does 8000 votes gets the ball rolling mean?

Tucumseh
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Hey Shawners,
Sorry, that should be 10,000 not 8 and its signatures to form a registered provincial party.
Check it out.............
www.separationalberta.com/ (http://www.separationalberta.com/)

P.S.
I believe it was you that oringinally posted this site.
Feel free to correct me .

Cowboy
02-22-2004, 09:55 PM
I think the voters are rebeling all across Canada. They will have a problem getting voted back in. Time will tell. If they do get voted in the seperation issue will come up so strong you won't beleive it---Cowboy

Tucumseh
02-23-2004, 09:34 AM
I agree Cowboy. Its my opinion Albertans will take a long hard look at separation!

Shawners
02-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Ya it was me that posted that the seperation website I just never caught the 8000 votes thing.

Tucumseh
03-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Did anyone see the Conservative leadership nomination on Saturday evening? I tuned in about half way through Harpers speech and didn't hear what his stand on the gun registry was. Did he have one? In the past I heard rumors he was in favor of scrapping it. I like the every "4 year election" that he proposed. Thats the way it should be. I also read he was hoping for a fall election, giving them lots of time to build a platform for their party. Harper won about 54% of the votes with a strong show in Ontario. Whoaa, that was very surprising! And the polls show the Libs still dropping.
Maybe he will be our next PM......... I hope so.

Go Steve, Go !

xsniper
03-22-2004, 09:52 AM
I think we are still in for a spring election. I think Martin is in between a rock and hard place, if he waits till fall too many old Chretian skelletons are going to come out of the closet, if he has a spring election it will probably halt the present scandal enquiry. We can only hope that the coruption has everybody mad as hell. Could be he will use the registry as an election poker chip, we can only hope.

lilsundance
03-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Martin just might say he will look into getting rid of it if realected. Ya just like they said they would get rid of GST.
Hopefully no one will believe him if he says that.

Rob
03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Martin has already made it perfectly clear that the registry will remain . . . any change in tune will just be smoke.

I have never been a member of any party but have always voted in the past (living in Anne McLellan's riding will do that to a fellow). Tonight, myself and my wife joined the Conservative Party of Canada after much debate and sifting through their policies and so forth. I like what I've been hearing and what I've read.

It is time for change.

Rob

lilsundance
03-22-2004, 09:55 PM
I too have never been a member of any party, but I am seriously considering doing the same thing Rob.

Tucumseh
03-23-2004, 05:55 AM
Way to go Rob, and you are right, we do need a change, its time to get rid of the tired ole corrupt Liberals. I too like Harpers policies and I get a good feeling about this guy. I don't believe he will ignore the west as the libs so often do. After all he is a Calgarian. Harper even looks honest and thats hard to say about a politician. Lol
Anyrate, I hope our western farmers will not let Martin's aid package ( I believe it was around $995 mil) go to there hearts or head. I hope they will see through this guy. As ole Ralphy said, his timing is precise, just before the budget comes down and the election looming in the near future.

Hey Del, you may as well join us and jump on board! lol

Seperation
03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
I can't believe I missed this thread! Man I have'nt laughed that hard in..... Hey Tuc when I was growing up in small town Ab, almost every person I knew was either a WCC(Western Canada Concept) or ROA (Republic of ALberta) style seperatist. One thing both groups had in common at the time was that if they had it their way they would ship every human born east of OYEN "BACK WHER THEY CAME FROM". They must be rolling their eye's or rolling in their graves when they see you(Tuc) touting the benefits of seperation.

Morbius131
03-23-2004, 01:01 PM
I too agree that a change is needed. Just by this thread the interest in change is evident but I am just not sure if separation is the way to go. All we have to look at is how much the rest of Canada dislikes Quebec and other than them saying they are a distinct people and should therefore be recognized as such; it is because of their attempt at seperation. Personally I am pround to be canadian (sounds like a beer commercial) and as hard as we believe we have it I don't think seperation will alleviate our problems or make us stronger. When I refer to us that is Albertans

Morb

Fickell
03-23-2004, 04:31 PM
I under stand why sum of us born and raised Albertans
would like to seperate what I dont under stand is why
did any one try to convince quebec not to we blew that
one.

Tucumseh
03-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey Ike,
What can I say? I'm just an auger headed ole fart that speaks his mind no matter how twisted it may seem sometimes! LOL
Glad you could see a little humor in it. Sometimes I got to pinch myself and realize life is too short to try and solve all life's promblems. We are all powerless over people, places and things and I guess the only thing we can really change is ourselves.
You gotta gimme a "E" for "Effort" thou! :rollin

Anyrate, thats the way I see it! 8o

P.S.
Oh and Ike just for the record, Nova Scotians are strong Conservatives. Hell, if my dear ole Grandpappy new a one of us went to the polls and voted Liberal, he'd kick our azz from one end of that province to the other.
Oaaaa that smarts! (kidding) lol See, now I'm a proud Albertan!

Harper
04-18-2004, 12:44 PM
I attended Harper's rally in Edmonton in March, 2004. 1st question he was asked was 'would he scrap the gun regisrty if he became PM'? He grinned & gave an immediate one word answer - " YES"!

Shawners
04-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Morbius I don't believe we are very well liked anyways, if we are they sure have a way of showing it. Many believe if we get the conservatives in that will end our problems well it wouldn't Harper or anyone else trying to be our pm will promise anything to get elected. These days I won't even refer to myself as a canadian but as an Albertan.

Shawners