PDA

View Full Version : Choked - vexilar fishphone.

Brandon5555
11-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Tried to boot er up today and get a good charge into it and nothin. Lights green saying it's charged but will only power up when plugged in, according to vexilar it's dicked and I need a new battery. Ultra chapped. Anyone know of anyone who sells em in the calgary area?

bwackwabbit
11-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Mine was like that when I bought it. 4 screws to open her up if I remember, battery wasn't connected from the factory.

Plugged it in and problem solved.

If it is pooched it's just a 12v sealed battery like any of the ones used in sonar, fish finders etc.

In fact it is on the small side so an upgrade would be a plus either way.

Cheers.

Brandon5555
11-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Oh okay didn't think it would be that simple. I'm assuming fishin hole or cabelas would carry it no?

Kim473
11-12-2015, 04:03 AM
Before you buy a new battery. Is there a reset or factory default button. I have a gps that sometimes does that and when I reset it works fine. On my gps I have to hold the power button on for about 10 seconds for the reset. Sometimes with phones you have to do something simialar. Check the trouble shooting in the manual.

calgarygringo
11-12-2015, 06:39 AM
We carry lots of replacement bateries in stock at The Fishin Hole.

Oh okay didn't think it would be that simple. I'm assuming fishin hole or cabelas would carry it no?

Brandon5555
11-12-2015, 06:39 AM
How much do they go for?

calgarygringo
11-12-2015, 07:10 AM
There are a couple of sizes. Off the top the small one is around 25 and the bigger one just over 30 bucks if I recall. Open it up and bring it in with you to make sure you have the right size. Lots of both available.

Brandon5555
11-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Got a new one doesn't work. Damn

huntsfurfish
11-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Tried to boot er up today and get a good charge into it and nothin. Lights green saying it's charged but will only power up when plugged in, according to vexilar it's dicked and I need a new battery. Ultra chapped. Anyone know of anyone who sells em in the calgary area?

Maybe try uninstall on phone then reinstall. or updates?

Can reset to factory as Kim473 suggested as well.

Brandon5555
11-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Well update I tried finding how to reset but nothing. Left it with the fellas at the fishin hole who are gonna have a look at it and possible replace it if no solution is found. Glad I found out now, and not at first ice when I'm ready to use it.

Brandon5555
11-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Maybe try uninstall on phone then reinstall. or updates?

Can reset to factory as Kim473 suggested as well.
Problem isn't with the phone or app it's either the charger or the unit itself. Something doesn't want too send current to the battery, the charger will power the unit when plugged in just not charge the battery.

Kim473
11-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Problem isn't with the phone or app it's either the charger or the unit itself. Something doesn't want too send current to the battery, the charger will power the unit when plugged in just not charge the battery.

Is there a fuse inside the unit? I would try to reset. You said you replaced the battery.

Resetting Your T-POD To Factory Default A. The T-pod must be OFF and FULLY CHARGED before resetting. B. Using the shorter (reset) lead on power charging cable you need to connect to power then connected to your T-POD for at least 10 seconds. C. Remove the lead from the T-pod, DO NOT CONNECT THE DEVICE (SMARTPHONE) TO THE T-POD immediately. Allow the T-pod turn off automatically in one minute. Master Passcode: 12345678 If the device does not accept the factory default passcode please re-peat steps A, B & C (It may take several attempts in some cases.) Don’t forget to re-establish yourself or device as the Master before you enter the SonarPhone app. - See more at: http://www.vexilar.com/pages/mobile-app-help#sthash.mauy8UKO.dpuf

http://www.vexilar.com/pages/mobile-app-help

Brandon5555
11-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Couldn't find a fuse or reset, it's just a positive and negative lead coming out of the t pod.i would like to try this reset but unfortunately I can't disconnect power as it dies instantly. The fellas at the fishin hole gave me a shout earlier and said it's ready for pickup but I'm stuck in Field today so I'll update tomorrow when I can pick it up

calgarygringo
11-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Yes he has it fixed and has nothing to do with anything electronic internally. He had it fixed by the time I got in today. Ours in the store was the same so it may be something that anyone who owns one should beware of.
Easy fix but may drive you crazy in the meantime. If you come in on the weekend I will be in and I will show you what is up.

Ken

Kim473
11-15-2015, 07:26 AM
Yes he has it fixed and has nothing to do with anything electronic internally. He had it fixed by the time I got in today. Ours in the store was the same so it may be something that anyone who owns one should beware of.
Easy fix but may drive you crazy in the meantime. If you come in on the weekend I will be in and I will show you what is up.

Ken

Enquireing minds want to know ? What was wrong with it ?

calgarygringo
11-15-2015, 08:01 AM
If you have one of these and power becomes an issue check the cleanliness and tightness of the screws on the battery pack/wire connector. The way they do it they become loose and get a little dirty too and you end up with little or no connection.
We discussed maybe even a little dab of dielectric grease would help. Not the best enginerring in my opinion but that is the way the come. A little wiggling of the wires shows the problem up pretty quick. If it happened to me more than once I would even suggest carrying a small screwdriver in my box just in case. Wouldn't want that to ruin a trip with nothing really wrong internally. Ours on the floor had the same as well so beware.

Enquireing minds want to know ? What was wrong with it ?

Brandon5555
11-17-2015, 06:50 AM
If you have one of these and power becomes an issue check the cleanliness and tightness of the screws on the battery pack/wire connector. The way they do it they become loose and get a little dirty too and you end up with little or no connection.
We discussed maybe even a little dab of dielectric grease would help. Not the best enginerring in my opinion but that is the way the come. A little wiggling of the wires shows the problem up pretty quick. If it happened to me more than once I would even suggest carrying a small screwdriver in my box just in case. Wouldn't want that to ruin a trip with nothing really wrong internally. Ours on the floor had the same as well so beware.
Thanks again boys, really appreciate all your help

TROLLER
11-18-2015, 01:36 PM

Battery World a few locations one I use in just off Barlow Trail NE

Brandon5555
11-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Battery World a few locations one I use in just off Barlow Trail NE
Yeah I never thought of them! Fishin hole had replacements for 25 bucks.