PDA

View Full Version : Grow Up

Tucumseh
02-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey Don,
What kind of a remark was that. Did you hear something you didn't like, well you better pay attention to it. It may become reality someday.
My earlier message was the way I see it. Don, I don't beat around the bush with big fancy educated words, I call a spade a spade. You see where I grew up some of us weren't fortunate enough to get the fine education and go work for particular people, we had other committments in life.....
You guys deleted my post, thats fine, I knew it was out of sorts and I as much as figured one of you's would delete it but I wonder how many people out there agreed with it and wouldn't have the guts to say so?

And for the second part of my post, ( about separation) I don't feel that was out of sorts at all. It was just a suggestion, ( and a dam good one I may add) and you tell us to grow up. Isn't that a little disrespectfull too? Hell, had I been a moderator, why I think you would have got deleted Don.
Anyrate, I hope you can take a little constructive critism, if ya know what I mean. Nothing personal but like I said, I speak my mind.

P.S.
If you moderators deem fit that this one needs to go too, I ask you please do not delete till Don had a chance to read it. And if he wants to trash me from this board, _ _ it happens, life goes on, and I'm sure I'll live.
I WILL, SPEAK my mind thou!
Anyrate, thats the way I see it! 8o

Senator
02-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Who ever deleted the post because they didn't like what they read is the one that needs to grow up, Im with ya Tuc

Mr3030
02-16-2004, 12:45 AM
I thought it would have been interesting to hear the opinions of others and have a debate on a subject that affects all of us-"liberal corruption"-and ways in which to end it. But I guess its become to hot of a topic to discuss here.

http:///www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php

Rub Sign
02-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Tuc,

First, the reason yours and other posts were deleted was because they made disparaging remarks about a group of people. As the rules of this board clearly state, such is not allowed.

Second, as you can see from the other posts left on the thread, your comments about separation were not the issue. They just happened to be in the same message I deleted.

Third, my commment about separation was flippant and I probably shouldn't have said it, but like you and others, sometimes my emotions get the best of me. I just don't think separation is the answer to anything. It reminds me of a kid picking up his marbles and going home because everyone else won't play by his rules. I'm sorry, but we've got it pretty good here in Alberta. It wasn't always the case and it won't always be the case. A large part of the reason we have it so good now is because we are a part of Canada.

Fourth, this board is for anyone who is willing to post within the rules, no matter what size words they use:) . I, like many others, enjoy your posts, Tuc, and we delete messages on this board reluctantly. All we ask is that you follow the rules and stay within the general subjects of the forum.

Cowboy
02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Personally I don't think that "Alberta's having it good" has anything to do about being part of Canada. Alberta is doing really good because we have a strong gas and oil economy. BSE aside our Ag industry is or has before BSE been the leader of the nation. Don't get me wrong I'm not ready to separate yet. BUT if those guys down east don't see the light this time I'll be the first one to stand on the soap box. I'm sick and tired of sending my tax money down east to have them fools waste it.
This has nothing to do with marbles or any game.I think Tuc is so pasionate about his country and so mad about its mismanagement that he has to vent about it.hope I havn't offended anyone but my dander got abit riled----now I feel better---Cowboy

Tucumseh
02-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Thanx for the support Cowboy.( you too, Sen) I agree with you and I'll be standing on that soap box right next. It should be an interesting election with the sponsorship scandal and all. I have my doubts thou if he'll call it till the popularity starts to rise again, if it will ( I hope not). The pop polls show they are down about 10% or so.
You know when _ _ it hits the fan, those liberals always come out the other end smelling like a rose, so nothing will surprise me.
Have a good one!

Re: Grow up
02-16-2004, 09:58 PM
No need to apologize Don. Flippant or not I think your comment was bang on and you had as much right to make it as anyone else who posts on this board.

Talk of separation is fuelled by ignorance and greed. Nothing else. Some of these guys should pick up a newspaper or turn on a television and see what's happening in Bosnia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, etc. and then tell us that things are so bad off in Alberta we need to start our own little fiefdom.

I used to enjoy this board but lately the whiners seem to have taken over and reasoned hunting and outdoor discussion has all but disappeared. Too bad.

And oh yeah, I'm an 'unreggie' so there'll probably be a pile of replies saying my comments don't count. Right?

Brady
02-16-2004, 10:23 PM
No Bob, your comments do count, as do everyone elses. I am not a politician, so I will try to stay out of this one, but I will say one thing to ya'll

Keep it clean and respectful, or your post/ posts will be edited or removed.

It's that simple guys. I know politics gets some peoples blood boiling, but this is an Outdoorsmen board not a Politicians board.

Brady

Senator
02-16-2004, 10:29 PM
This is the Gun Reg Board Brady, where we get into the political discissions.

Brady
02-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Like I said Senator
Keep it clean and respectful, or your post/ posts will be edited or removed.
Talk political all you want just follow the guidelines. I have said to you before that we must always be concerned about what we portray to the Anti's, and if we are consantly at each others throats, we will go two steps back, instead of forward.

Brady

Senator
02-16-2004, 10:36 PM
I dont disagree with that, im just saying we can voice our political opinoins here.

Tucumseh
02-16-2004, 11:54 PM
How ya doin bob,
I don't think Don was apologizing, thou he did explain his stance. By the way this is not Afghanistan or Bosnia. You don't see people running the streets with guns in their hands committing terrorists acts. This is Canada and Western Canada as a part of it, has a voice and deserves to be heard. Your analogy comparing our life to theirs is rather meaningless. ( apples to donuts) I see you think some of us don't read the newspapers, or perhaps only the comic section. Well its nice you have an opinion. I have a opinion too, or should I say something to whine about.
I suppose this all started with the gun registry and sort of flowed over into politics. Maybe I'm wrong but its my whine that hunting and many of the other outdoor sports is full of politics. I could use the Grizz hunt as one example.
Anyrate, call it what you will, but bob, what would you do if you didn't have a few guys around here like Tuc to spice things up every now and again. It would become quite boring and noone would have anything to whine about.
Its the off season bob, smile, lighten up a little and have yourself a GREAT day! :D

winged1
02-17-2004, 02:33 AM
you don't have to look overseas to appreciate the richness of our country. There are a bunch of hard working men and women out there making this economy happen. And if those stricken by the American mass marketing machine would give thier heads a shake, stand up and contribute, they'd see how fine life is. I've been interviewing party reps lately, and I'm thinking, what the h... is wrong with you, your entire platform is based on someone's elses shortfalls. I like Belinda's business approach, I need to have a few words with her.

chuck403
02-17-2004, 06:23 PM
I wasn't going to post anything on here, for fear of going into a rant, saying something inappropriate, and getting it deleted. But, part of Alberta having it so good is because we are part of Canada? I had to read that twice to make sure that is what you said. Let's count up the ways Alberta has it so good because of Canada.

1) Gun Registry (2 Billion wasted and counting)

2) Kyoto Protocol ( who knows how much we stand to lose)

3) Equalization payments

4) This new sponsorship fiasco

5) The Governor General's trip that cost 5 times more than we were told it would

6) The HRDC fiasco

7) GST (Vote for us and we'll scrap it)

8) The Sea King Helicopters that needed replacing years and years ago, but now we have to pay more to replace them.

9) Unequal representation (Ontario has more seats in the house than B.C. Alberta Sask. and Manitoba combined)

10) Whatever else I can't think of right now.

So This is a short list of why I had serious trouble with your comment that we are better in Canada. I say separate!!!!!! Unless god willing the Liberal's lose the election and the Conservatives get in, but I don't see that happening.

winged1
02-18-2004, 12:17 AM
well there you have it, yet another platform based entirely on someone else's short falls. You might convience a lot of people not to vote liberal (no loss), but who then?. Are we so blind that we think that the incoming party would put Alberta's grievances to the forefront. And if so, would Albertian's fly the Canada flag to show thier new found prominence.

Here's what I want to hear coming from a prospective representitive; how do you intend to incourage private sector business to flourish while protecting the interests and needs of the public sector. And, what is the go forward strategy as far as positioning Canada within the global economy.

Mr3030
02-18-2004, 01:31 AM
What is your platform winged1? and who is this someone else your referring to?

The way I see it, the Conservative's are our only real option- as long as they get the job done and get rid of the corrupt liberal Mafia. What good would there be in splitting up the right again. If and when the liberal's get re-elected then it would be time to use the separation trump card. but for now I see the Conservatives as the best chance in ousting the lib's.

Funny thing- Mr. Martin said heads will roll when he gets to the bottom of the sponsorship scandal.
Not so funny- in china they used lethal injection on their corrupt politicians.

winged1
02-18-2004, 03:20 AM
seperation is no trump, it's a bad bluff. The developing Conservatives are likely the only option to the Liberals, then what?.

'as long as they get the job done', what is it that you are trying to say here. My dog and his flea bitten buddies would make a great elected party ,'as long as they get the job done'. But hey, maybe they will get the job done. But then again, maybe the Liberals are better suited to perform the function until The Conservatives sort out just who the heck they are and who they represent. Personally I think the Conservatives will surge ahead under the Stronach banner. Where does that leave Albertian's.

Tucumseh
02-18-2004, 06:11 AM
Apparently, one can see which direction he's gone off in. You think separation is a bad bluff, don't you or anyone else kid themselves. I think your wrong and separation could become quite real. Albertans are fed up with everything the libs represent, especially their disrespect of the west.
They are nothing but a bunch of legalized crooks.
And how dare that chretian, say he doesn't need to offer a comment, that he's is no longer P.M. and thats mr. martins job. Irrogance in the 1st degree, oh he made my blood boil. That cocky S.O.B. was in office when this scandal took place, Paul Martin was finance minister for a good many of those years and he doesn't owe the people of Canada an explanation. Thats a slap in the face to all Canadians.
You see ignorance is bred in those couple of places down there ( for the most part) and it takes one to know one. Thats why the libs stay in power! We sure as h_ _ _ didn't put em there. Now you see all the bleeding hearts leaving their liberal seats or ridings and coming over to the P.C's. saying they are dissatisfied with the way martin is running things, or do they feel the crunch, maybe they are in hot water this time, and maybe the Canadian public won't let them off the hook so easily....Lets hope so!

Liberal
02-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Take some of your own advise Tecumseh. Chill out. No matter who will be running the country next fall you'll still have the right to hunt and fish anywhere in Canada and still have the right to complain about how hard done by you think you are. Cheers.

Tucumseh
02-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Can't chill out, I'm fueled by ignorance and greed. ;)

fishnamed
02-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Pure Ignorance and greed??? You hear the same talk of separation every where you go now a days, By many different walks of people, Are they all ignorant? I dont think so. If you read the papers and watch the news you hear of constant mis management of our tax dollars. Can you imagine how good of shape we would be in if we had competant people running the show instead of these greedy politicians...

Something to think about:

Look at a map of europe and how come you don't see a country as large as Canada??? We as a country have become un-Governable We are too different in our regionalism to be united as one, There are too many different cultural societies under one banner. From the east coast to Quebec, Ontario the prairies, B.C and the territories we are similar but different in our own way. We as a society cannot exist. Is separation the answer??? Well whats the Question? When you look at the shape this country is in is this what our grandfathers fought for in the world wars?? Absolutely not> This is not Yugoslavia or somalia or Chechyna obviously, as we are too civilzed for a civil war But, as a country we cant exist together because we are too different. We watch time and time again of the scandals and mismanagement of our dollars and shake our heads at the liberal political correctness that eats our country from within and wonder who the heck is responsible for this. We respond by not voting for the people responsible and watch as they get re-elected, Are we the west the only ones that can see them (liberals) for what they are, Or are we missing something? Ignorance and greed are not fuelling the separation fire but common sense and a belief that out there some where we ought to be able to elect some people that will manage our country and wealth at the level that is acceptable.

I say we all need to separate and have our laws based on our regional ideologies and values not for the sake of breaking up Canada but for the sake of saving it.

Just my rant.

Goodnight.

270man
02-19-2004, 11:14 AM
I received this in my e-mail yesterday. No guarantees as to its accuracy:

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 300 employees and has the following statistics:

30 have been accused of spousal abuse
9 have been arrested for fraud
14 have been accused of writing bad cheques
95 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses.
4 have done time for assault
55 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
12 have been arrested on drug related charges
4 have been arrested for shoplifting
16 are currently defendants in lawsuits
62 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

It is the 301 MPs in the Canadian parliament. The same group that cranks out of hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line. Which one did you vote for?

xsniper
02-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Where is Guy Renard when you need him? Oh ya I guess he was hung, drawn, and quartered wasn't he.

Tucumseh
02-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey Fishnamed, very idealistic.....and 270, are these real facts that you stated? I've heard stories about some of our politicians but not to this extent.

Here's a little article I grabbed off the CFCN news site:

Analysts predict Calgary shutout for Liberals

CFCN.ca

POSTED AT 5:52 PM Wednesday, February 18

Political analysts predict the Liberals will be shut out of Calgary in the next election.

They also say Alberta's two current Liberal MP's will have trouble getting re-elected because of the sponsorship scandal.

Analysts say it has been a terrible week for the Liberal Party and candidates in the next election will face an uphill battle.

But those seeking the nomination for Liberal ridings in Calgary remain upbeat. They say they aren't connected to the current scandal and will provide a fresh face in government.

Election watchers say strong support in Ontario will likely push the Liberals into power and Prime Minister Martin will eventually shake the scandal when he puts out a new budget............................................ ...........................

Election watchers forgot quebec. Lets see what the polls say after the budget.

270man
02-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Hey Tuc, I'd take that bit about the MPs with a grain of salt. I got it with some other jokes.

Brady
02-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I think I had that emailed to me quite some time ago. Worth a laugh anyways.

Brady

Tucumseh
02-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Prime Minister Paul Martin got a dose of both sponsorship scandal anger and regular Western alienation Friday during a whirlwind trip to the Prairies.

"Alienation in this country exists because your Liberal party, by favouring Quebec, has demonstrated exactly who is more important to you and sure is not the west," a caller named Helen from Saskatoon told Martin during his appearance on an open-line radio show.

"My husband and I are retired and it galls me to have to send you Liberals an additional $1,300 at income tax time."

Martin assured Helen and other callers that his government would get to the bottom of the sponsorship scandal.

The gun registry, mad cow disease and the general decline of rural Western Canada were other issues he heard about.

"We have a catastrophe happening in rural Saskatchewan. Unfortunately life in our rural areas has become 3-D," said a caller named Judy.

"Despair, discouragement and depression. Many of use are wondering if we will be able to even afford to put a crop in this spring," she said.

One caller complimented Martin, saying: "Mulroney and Chretien would have swept this under the rug. I give him credit for having the guts to deal with it."

When Martin arrived at the radio studio Friday morning, several busloads of delegates from the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation's annual convention showed up to greet him.

"The Liberals haven't been faring very well in the past and I don't think they'll fare very well in the future, unless they make changes to this and some other things too, but the issue for us is gun control," said the federation's Greg Illerbrun.

Martin met with representatives of the federation for about 15 minutes.

In Saskatchewan's provincial election last fall, the Liberals were shut out and only finished second in one race - that of leader David Karwacki's constituency.

There are two federal Liberal MPs, including Finance Minister Ralph Goodale.

The NDP have two MPs. There are eight Conservative MPs and two Independents who are former Conservatives.

In a CTV/Globe and Mail/Ipsos-Reid poll released Monday, Liberal support in Saskatchewan and Manitoba was estimated to be 29 per cent -- however, the margin of error for that would be higher than the 3.1 per cent for the entire poll.

In late January, it was 46 per cent.

However, in the 2000 federal election, the Liberals took 20.7 per cent of the popular vote in Saskatchewan and 32.5 per cent in Manitoba.

Martin also worked in a visit to the northern Manitoba communities of The Pas and Thompson.

There are five Liberal MPs in Manitoba, all either in or around Winnipeg. There are five Conservative MPs and four NDP MPs.

In the House of Commons, the opposition kept after the government on the scandal, with Conservative MP Rahim Jaffer asking: "How are Canadians supposed to trust this prime minister when there is no way he can recover the money?"

There are now about four different inquiries looking into the sponsorship scandal.

"We're not some kind of failed state or klepto state," Public Works Minister Stephen Owen told reporters. "This is a country ruled by democracy and the rule of law."

Martin is reportedly hoping for an interim report from the judicial inquiry before he calls a general election.

He hasn't definitively ruled out a spring election yet.

Mr3030
02-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Gee whiskers, how would you like to be the leader of the liberal's right now? Ha-Ha I say let em fry-I hope it kills his chance's in the up coming election!

MUDDSTER
02-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Holy cow have I been missing a hot topic by not visiting the "Gun Registration Board". Thanks for the great reading guys your better than I as I can't even talk about the ploitical situation here in Canada because I just get too dam hot under the collar........ you know something like TUC.... Maybe you should run for PM TUC... Heck I think I'd even vote for you, you seem like a straight shooter any how. Very Interesting topic once again!!:\

Roadhntr
02-24-2004, 10:18 AM
fishnamed, I believe that you hit it right on the head. It seems like we are the only ones that can see politicians for what they are. If Belinda does get in I still think things won't change that much. She will still have to count on support from Ont & Quebec to get elected. Thats the problem from the beginning, we don't have enough seats to make a difference in the outcome. I don't think ignorance and greed is the agenda at all. It's a matter of being heard and and having some influence in policy being implemented that affects us.:(

Hey Tuc, I would also vote for you!

Tucumseh
02-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanx Guys! lol
If ignorance and greed were an agenda, I would say its bred on the other end. Sorry boys, but there's a couple of provinces in Canada that have little if any respect for the west. Why are we a divided country? Has language (english/french) ever played a part, in this push/pull scenerio??? I don't know, you tell me why it was quebec that wanted to separate from Canada some years back. Would it have been a good move for them and Canada? The St. Lawrence runs thru the heart of the province.

Story time!

Let me give you a small example of what I'm talking about on a personal level............................................. ................
Many years ago, I rode the Greyhound across Canada ( bad experience, never do it again) It was just before Christmas and I was going back to N.S. to visit my kids. The bus had a stop over in montreal for 4 hours. Before leaving the coach the driver spoke something in french, and only french (that I later learned) was instructions for us to pick up our luggage and put it on bus # ,(whatever) that we would be leaving montreal on this bus. After going into the terminal for something to eat while waiting, I struck up a conversation with a bilingual lady that told me what the driver had said. After eating my lunch, I went to attend to my luggage, only to find the bus I came in on was no longer there. I went back inside to inquire at the information desk (and I swear the truth) noone could speak english. (and I very little french) I pretty well walked all over that terminal looking for some
english speaking personnel that might help me find my luggage. None to be found. It was getting late and time to board the bus, so I made one last attempt back at the information desk, still a wave of arms and shrugs, 1 feller shaking his head and saying, "No English,No English!"
Now feeling pretty defeated and accepting the fact my luggage was gone (xmas presents and all) I looked at the fello and spoke a few choice words on my behalf.....well all hell broke lose, 2 or 3 of the guys behind the desk started jumping up and down mumbling something in french and one guy reached for the phone,( I believe to call security) as I walked away with my finger held high in the air, telling them what they could kiss. I was just checking to make sure they could understand english, and yes they could..............................

Have any of you's ever driven through quebec? The signs are all in french. Is that the case in Alberta? Now when I go home, I drive down through the States.

Anyrate, this one may be deleted too, but my own personal experience with some of these people was nothing but PURE IGNORANCE, and unfortunately, its my opinion, this is there attitude towards western Canada...Be it politician or the people that vote em in!!

Anyrate, that the way I see it! 8o

Rob
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
and with that . . . I think we'll close this subject.

Rob